Flexible stirrups and joint pain - reviews?

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Anyone seen a difference after changing from 'normal' stirrups irons to more flexible ones in regards to joint pain, particularly in knees and ankles?

Looking at some costing about £45. They have good reviews so far but not many people have reviewed them. The FreeJump ones are out the question, there's no way I'd do the £200+ price tag any justice from just trotting around and having the odd lesson.

If they don't make much of a difference I won't bother but if they do I'll invest :)

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
what do you want them for? For hacking, I have endurance stirrups-they are awesome. For schooling I used to just have cheap flexible ones. For me it was the wide foot bed that helps most.

9tails

Visit site
Yes, knee pain is greatly reduced with flexible irons. I have Mark Todd ones and a cheap £20 pair off Ebay. Can't say I notice much difference between them, though use the Mark Todd ones a lot more than the Ebay ones (different saddles, I use my hacking saddle a lot more than my jumping saddle).

Flora

Visit site
I have Sprengers for one horse, and wasnt splashing out for another pair for my other saddle, so bought Cottage Craft flexi ones and i cant tell the difference.

B&J

Visit site
I've just ordered the Tekna Flex-Tek ones. Was about to get Sprenger Flexi's when of course an emergency happened and there went my stirrup fund :-( will post when I've tried them. They were £38.95

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Brilliant thanks for all your input. All I do is hacking, schooling, a bit of jumping (nothing over 2ft6) and then some fun rides and my lessons. Nothing serious hence why I didn't want to spend too much. Will look into all the makes suggested, thank you - you've been very helpful :)

Darkwater

Visit site
I use the Compositi Reflex stirrups and I love them - I have used a couple of types in the past but these are by far my favourite. They really help my dodgy knees and are really reasonably priced as well, about £20 - 25 I think. I know not everyone likes the plastic lightweight type stirrups, but if you do then I would definitely recommend these.

MileAMinute

Visit site
I had some flexi stirrups and found they did help, but then switched to the Composti lightweight normal ones and found they made a huge difference - the flexi ones can be quite heavy.