Flip flop horse shoe experiences please

piccolo123

New User
Visit site
Hi everyone I’m just looking for some experiences before I definitely take this path for my mare.

I have a 9 year old who has recently gone lame. Vet came a nerve blocked and ended up x raying her feet. His showed some foot imbalance she grows lots of toe and barely any heel. he has suggested I put some flip flop shoes on her . Has anyone had any experience of these and could tell me how well they work? How long it took to regain foot balance.
I have one persons past experience which was not very positive
Any experiences grateful
Thankyou !

ihatework

Visit site
I imagine this is what is being referred to as flip flops:
http://www.equinefootclinic.co.uk/EFC_Pad.html

I knew someone who swore by them and managed to rehab 2 knackered navicular hunters that were due for a bullet using them.

I briefly used them on one horse, but stopped for reasons unrelated to the shoes - so can’t directly give a positive or negative. They are a bit weird to start with but horse seemed to accept them fine. You would want a decent OR boot with them and probably spray for thrush in between fittings.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Presumably, the attachment is no different to the glue on cuffs of other shoes, I wonder how they'd feel about the love child as that is more shoe on bottom but has more of a glue on boot construction.

Overall OP the back of the hoof needs to do more than it can in a shoe to improve the heel growth and all of these, and easy shoes, will allow this to happen if you cannot take the shoes off - which will also do it.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Never heard of those shoes when my horse had a foot imbalance the vet recommended natural balance shoes, the horse was sound after the first set was put on so they worked for us.