Flippin weather - due to see a horse today should I go??

diggerbez

Visit site
ring up the seller and ask them what the weather is like there- if the horse is a tad spooky they'll prob try to rearrange, but it would be good to see it in adverse weather- after all you don't always get to ride in the sunshine at home. last time i bought a horse is was pouring down with rain- so bad that my video camera got wrecked. i bought the horse tho- he had a very no nonsense attitude to working in the rain!

BIrish

Visit site
After all dithering about hunting yesterday - 90km/h winds here this morning have put paid to any hunting methinks..
frown.gif
frown.gif

I was terrified but really looking forward to it.. Bum.

Echo advice above re viewing - I wouldn't neccessarily be keen to view in this wind .. rain no prob.. wind - no ta!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Don't see why not (provided still safe to drive there and sellers still happy for viewing). I 1st saw Sparks in gale force wind and driving rain. I didn't ride as had my arm in sling and was only going to be the sharer (then). However my friend tried her like her, and brought her the following week having taken her instructor out for a 2nd look and me hacking her out as arm was the out of its sling. TBH the weather wasn't great the following week either, but it was December!!

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I dragged two clients on a 250 mile round trip yesterday to try 4 horses in a gale, AND made them ride up a mountain (I did go too
smile.gif
) for this exact reason - no point in seeing them in perfect conditions and then wondering why you can't ride them when the wind's blowing.

Obviously if a tree is likely to land on you or the horse is freaking out before you get on, then it might not be such a good idea
crazy.gif
wink.gif

Bert&Maud

Visit site
I went to try my boy in Dec 07 in torrential rain and howling gale! He was 5 and behaved beautifully, and I figured if I liked him in that weather then he'd got to be the right horse! One year on and I'm sure I made the right decision.

Janah

Visit site
I went to see my boy in good weather and tried him out, Arranged to hack him out on my own on another day, Weather was foul windy and rain and still went. That ride was what convinced me he was the one for me. Behaved beautifully, even when a small branch came down and landed on his withers!

Jane