Flower would like to say a big thank you to Ruby's Mum!

JJS

Visit site
Looking at her today, it occurred to me that Flower is going through something of a metamorphosis at the moment, from podgy little baby pony to gangly almost-yearling. Her legs are lengthening, so is her neck, and her bottom is doing its level best to reach for the sky!

JxjU5A8.jpg

Given that she's at an age now where she's not only inquisitive and affectionate, but actually thrives on having something to do each day, I'm always looking for new things to try with her, to make sure that she has the best possible foundation for when she's a grown-up girl.

Because of that, I was delighted when Ruby's Mum recently messaged me with the very generous offer of gifting me a number of books that she thought I'd find useful. This thoughtful HHOer not only sorted them all out for me and handed them over for free, but also hand delivered them herself, so both Flower and I would like to say a huge thank you, as well as letting HHO know what a lovely lady she is! :)

As you can see, Flower appreciates them very much, and has already been busily deciding which of them we should make a start on as tonight's bedtime story! :D

JxsZ1O2.jpg

n974IDU.jpg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
What a lovely HHOer RM is :)

You'd have to be blind not to see through the mud and hair what a class little horse your bogoff is.

Ruby's Mum

Visit site
Awww, what lovely pics and you are very welcome, just so sorry we couldn't wait any longer for you to arrive and had to leave them tucked away for you. Enjoy them, I hope they are really useful and I am so excited waiting to see Flower's progress. xx

Mule

Visit site
She does look quite interested in them! You'll have great fun with her. It will be lovely to be the one to teach her all these new things.

JJS

Visit site
What a lovely HHOer RM is :)

You'd have to be blind not to see through the mud and hair what a class little horse your bogoff is.

Thank you! I haven't managed to capture it very well on camera yet, but she's actually starting to look like a quality little horse in the flesh now. There are lots of areas where the foal fluff is almost gone, and beneath the ridiculously thick mane, there's the prettiest, daintiest head. I often wonder how I got so lucky with her :)

Awww, what lovely pics and you are very welcome, just so sorry we couldn't wait any longer for you to arrive and had to leave them tucked away for you. Enjoy them, I hope they are really useful and I am so excited waiting to see Flower's progress. xx

Not at all - I'm just very sorry that we were delayed. I've already been making notes on what I've read so far, and having a think about what to introduce her to next :)

She does look quite interested in them! You'll have great fun with her. It will be lovely to be the one to teach her all these new things.

It really is the most rewarding thing. She's such a clever girl, and she absolutely thrives on human interaction, which makes her a pleasure to raise :)

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Oh lovely!
Be prepared until she is three that she will look gangly ans uneven 😂 my sisters rising three year old (three next week) is just looking like a horse now 😁

Amye

Visit site
What a thoughtful thing to do :)

Lovely photos of flower as usual! She seems ready to learn :D :D

Pr1nce

Visit site
Slightly off the topic of Flower but JJS you always look so glam in your pics :) i only have to be at the yard for a second before there is mud/slobber/hair all over me *sigh*

Mule

Visit site
Slightly off the topic of Flower but JJS you always look so glam in your pics :) i only have to be at the yard for a second before there is mud/slobber/hair all over me *sigh*

I know, I thought that too. I'm the same as you;)

Last edited:

McFluff

Visit site
I know, I thought that too. I'm the same as you;)

Haha me too - I'm like a mud and horse hair magnet! What a lovely gift from RM - I'm sure you will have fun together.

Flower has the most gorgeous head - she's a stunner.