Flowers post 2

piaffe

Visit site
Christ! Thats a large bunch of flowers!!!!
grin.gif

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
I have received loads of PMs and the general concensus seems to be that flowers for Mary and Jeanette Chin and her parents plus a large donation to the chosen charity (or charities) is the most popular option. Any lasting tributes are a very personal thing and the owners and Mary may prefer to do this in their own way. GonetoFrance's picture which was commissioned for the owner is beautiful and I believe Mary may be offered a copy of this, which is brilliant.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far. Please continue to make donations if you would like to until the end of the week when I'll make the donation to the selected charities. I'll post the receipts on here so that people can be sure that the money has gone to the charities.

We have now made £500, which is stunning and a great tribute to a fantastic horse.

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
The flowers have been ordered and will be delivered today.

The overwhelming response to the poll was for Mary to choose the charity so I'll contact her and ask her to decide and let you all know.

The donation currently stands at £430 after the flowers so please feel free to keep donating until Friday if you would like to.

Bev

Grumpy Herbert

Visit site
What a fantastic sum to have raised - well done you for organising it all. It's lovely to have been able to do something to express sympathy at such a dreadful time.

I agree that Mary should choose the charity that the surplus goes to.

1071helen

Visit site
Great idea, will donate now.
I was lucky enough to go to Marys yard in the spring with our riding club. She was amazing and it was so clear she loved her horses. She was also really generous, didn't want to be paid but asked for us to donate to the Devon Air Ambulance. I am sure she would appreciate the idea of a charity benefitting so that some good can some out of this horrible tragedy.

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
Mary is very grateful for the support from everyone on the forum. She is obviously devastated. Mary has requested that the donations that have been made go to the Devon Air Ambulance:

http://www.daat.org/site/

I will be sending £534, which is the total donations to date. Maybe if anyone else would like to contribute then they can do so through the website. If I do get any more donations via Paypal they will of course be passed on to the charity.

Thanks to everyone who has helped behind the scenes!

Bev x

Irishcobs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Mary is very grateful for the support from everyone on the forum. She is obviously devastated. Mary has requested that the donations that have been made go to the Devon Air Ambulance:

http://www.daat.org/site/

I will be sending £534, which is the total donations to date. Maybe if anyone else would like to contribute then they can do so through the website. If I do get any more donations via Paypal they will of course be passed on to the charity.

Thanks to everyone who has helped behind the scenes!

Bev x

[/ QUOTE ]

Fantastic! Thank you everyone for donating and thank you very much HH for organising it all.