Flu and Tet jabs?

Ellzbellz97

Visit site
How much do you all pay for Flu and Tet jabs?? My boy was done on the weekend rang up to pay it and it was nearing £90!! I nearly passed out when the receptionist told me... I swear this was rather expensive:oops:

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Being at the weekend, did you have to pay an OOH callout fee? That would bump it up.

ETA. In Jan, I paid the standard weekday callout fee of £48.06 plus £30.30 for a single jab of Equilis Prequenza TE (flu/tet) so £79.36.

Last edited:

supsup

Visit site
I paid about £45 for the healthcheck plus jabs this winter, but that was on a free callout scheme. If you had to pay for a normal callout on top of the vaccinations, then I guess that could take you up to £90.
Thing that bugs me is that this vet insists on sedating for teeth (mine has been done without sedation for over 10 years), and that brought the total bill for the annual health check over £200. I can sort of see the vet's argument for wanting to sedate (to protect themselves from injury, do a more thorough job), but the cost difference is a big one.

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Does that include call out?

I had both of mines flu and tet done for £74.. call out was free as he was on his way home and he lives local. It would of had a additional £48 on top if I paid call out on top.

You're local to me, B&W vets? If so thats about right, £38 for the flu and tet jabs, plus £48 call out you're looking at around £86.

Ellzbellz97

Visit site
Does that include call out?

I had both of mines flu and tet done for £74.. call out was free as he was on his way home and he lives local. It would of had a additional £48 on top if I paid call out on top.

You're local to me, B&W vets? If so thats about right, £38 for the flu and tet jabs, plus £48 call out you're looking at around £86.

Nope not B&W!! I did use them for the 5 stage vetting of my horse though and that was a bomb itself!! They're only based about 3/4 miles from me as well the vets I used!!

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Nope not B&W!! I did use them for the 5 stage vetting of my horse though and that was a bomb itself!! They're only based about 3/4 miles from me as well the vets I used!!

They've charged you a call out which is why it seems pricey, I always make sure I say can he call in on his way home to avoid the call out and they work it out around that or I use a zone day.

Once you get to know a vet at B&W they've very helpful and have done everything possible to keep the bill down for me with a sick uninsured horse, they're good vets :)

Ellzbellz97

Visit site
They've charged you a call out which is why it seems pricey, I always make sure I say can he call in on his way home to avoid the call out and they work it out around that or I use a zone day.

Once you get to know a vet at B&W they've very helpful and have done everything possible to keep the bill down for me with a sick uninsured horse, they're good vets :)

Yeah they were really good with the vetting!! I'm based in Tewkesbury so I'm not sure whether they cover that area??

Ellzbellz97

Visit site
I paid about £45 for the healthcheck plus jabs this winter, but that was on a free callout scheme. If you had to pay for a normal callout on top of the vaccinations, then I guess that could take you up to £90.
Thing that bugs me is that this vet insists on sedating for teeth (mine has been done without sedation for over 10 years), and that brought the total bill for the annual health check over £200. I can sort of see the vet's argument for wanting to sedate (to protect themselves from injury, do a more thorough job), but the cost difference is a big one.

I use an equine dentist luckily and it was so much cheaper than using vets... if anything near enough half the price!

irishdraft

Visit site
I've just called my equine vets re booster £44.00 for a booster plus £10.00 call out as a zone visit. I called a mixed practice I'm also registered with who are just up the road so I trailer there £33.00 for booster so it will be the mixed practice who get my business .

mavandkaz

Visit site
Yep, mine was £83.
Can't make use of the zone days due to work, so just have to pay the whole thing. Did make me laugh that she spent more time hugging the Shetland then jabbing him. I should have charged her for cuddles!

Visit site
Sadly not!

I didn't see your post earlier. So £25 to buy in. My vet charges £39 per vacc. That is more than a 50% mark up.

They tried to charge me £75 a bottle for penecilin the other year and quickly got told where to stick it considering I could get it online for £10 a bottle with a further £10 prescription fee!

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Whereas mine appears to only be making £3 per injection. The call out charge is fixed whatever they come out for and split if it's more than one client. I once paid an 1/8th of a call out on a big livery yard.

NLPM

Visit site
Mine were £25 callout plus £35 per horse for flu and tet boosters. No such thing as free/reduced callout times/zones/days here, sadly!