Flu Vaccination Reaction?

Brummyrat

Visit site
Forgive me if this has been done before, I don't usually come into this section! Just wondering if someone can put my mind at rest. I had my boy vaccinated on Friday, he's 21 this year and he's been vaccinated every year Ive owned him, since he was 4. I always give him a day or two off etc, as you do, and have never noticed a reaction, but on Friday the vet examined him, said his heart and lungs were fine, did the injection and told me it was fine to ride him. His reason being the vaccinations these days are synthetic and don't actually contain any flu. I took all this on board and yesterday morning, the day after, I was just about to tack up when I noticed his breathing was up, he was absolutely fine in himself but his breathing wasn't right, it looked as though he'd just worked, his nostrils were flared! I turned him out as when I put his rug on he was fine and when he came back in later on he was back to normal, demanding his tea. Today I rode him and although he seemed fine, when he went out he spent about an hour standing under the tree. Maybe he didnt like the wind, I don't know, but he's a greedy Section D and is always grazing. I just wanted to reassurance really, is it likely to be the vaccine that caused im to be a bit under the weather despite what the vet said? After all, he's been injected with something. He did also have the dentist that day (poor boy) but that was just a small 10 minute job, nothing horrendous. Thanks for any thoughts x