Fly Masks, strange reactions to them!

Louby

Visit site
Ive held off putting a fly mask on my young mare as I know shes never worn one before and when I tried one on her she spent the whole time trying to rub it off. Anyway the little black flies are horrid atm, so tried again today, she seemed fine, so put her out and she went to snooze in the corner, or so I thought. A bit of head bobbing but her friend was doing the same so left her. Called back before to check her and she was still stood in the same place. Her nose was full of the horrid flies, so took the mask off, they seemed to dissapear and off she went grazing?? Seems like I have a 'dont like a fly mask' kind of girl lol.

Louby

Visit site
Thankfully she only has a tiny bit of pink on her nose, so I can imagine how annoying it is for you, they are so funny. This mask had no nose piece, sat well off her eyes and she looked so chilled. I was shocked at the amount of flies on her nose though, bless her.

Merlod

Visit site
Maybe it's a sight thing? I have a gelding with mild cataracts who started actively running away when I went to put his premier equine mask on, I changed his to a cheapo fine mesh one which he is much happier in :)