fly masks which one?

flyingfeet

Visit site
My current favourite is Shires - they are very similar to the cashel crusader type and have a hole for the forelock which makes them easy to attach to the rugs.

Chumsmum

Visit site
Recommend the Cashel Crusader
smile.gif

catembi

Visit site
The only ones that I have found to work are the ones with lycra so they sit snugly against the face cos with all the others, the flies just get underneath so then the mask is only acting as a trap keeping a ton of flies trapped next to the horse.

But the lycra ones' success was short lived as both my horses kept scratching them off on the fence so they didn't last long.

CJ1

Visit site
Ive got got the Cashel full face (minus ears) for my chap but the nose isn't overly long. Put it on yesterday and he was happy in it but I thought it would cover his muzzle but it stops way before the end. Bit of a problem as i was hoping it would help with the pollen too.

Maybe the Equilibrium ones are longer? Altho he hates his ears being covered.

Louby

Visit site
I bought one made by gallop off ebay. Its soft, very see through all over and would rip if it got caught on something although its not totally flimsy. Friend says the Cashel one rubs her horse and he manages to get it off. I used to have the lycra one for my last horse but after seeing one turn round on another horse making it not be able to see I didnt use it again.

lydiaandmiffy

Visit site
right i think i'll start looking online for a suitable one now, i think i'll buy one without ears and nose as he doesnt appreciate things their!

Theresa_F

Visit site
I have crusaders - with ears and nose cover - won't buy anything else.

Cairo wears his all the time between April and October - never rubs or irritates him and most importantly offers UV protection.

fruity

Visit site
Cashel full nose and ears! My mare goes mental if she's not fully covered she can't cope at all with the flies,does freezing cold winter fine! I wouldn't have anything else now,the nose protects her pink muzzle and it is really comfy.