Fly Masks

Louby

Visit site
Can anyone reccomend a fly mask that is very inconspicuous? Preferably black, brown, good visability and close fitting and will come off if caught on something.
Only reason is my boy and his friend play rough and Im so worried that he will injure himself from not being able to see properly and also that his friend will be more likely to pull it off if its glow white as he removes the neighbouring fields horses masks daily!
I have managed so far this year without one but the flies are really bad and our horses are spending most of the day at the gate.
Turnout overnight isnt an option at the moment.
Thanks for any replies or advice.

eekmon

Visit site
Sorry mine is sort of lime green!!
blush.gif
blush.gif
Tho would imagine if you have gone this long without one it can't be too much of a problem! I think if your horses field mate is a thug it wouldn't matter what colour the mask was!
crazy.gif

Louby

Visit site
Ooooh thanks, I tried my friends crusader on tonight and was very impressed.
Im really loathed to put a mask on with his fied antics but today was the final straw. They were getting all tetchy with each other near the gate and then were galloping up and down. The midges were horrendous around there ears especially.

flyingfeet

Visit site
I have the shires fly mask on all of mine - they are a total rip off of the crusader, so fit really well

Such a good copy, that they cannot sell them in the US as they break patents.

ru-fi-do

Visit site
I got the william funnell one off ebay and have been really pleased with it, i have forund it in the hedge a handfull of times still done up but has ruined it in anyway.