Fly rug for WB?

Dizzleton

Visit site
My 17hh WB needs a new fly rug after destroying his Rambo Fly Hoody last summer.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good fly rugs that would fit a big shouldered, crested neck overgrown pony?

I have awful troubles with neck covers not being long or thick enough to cover his neck!

For reference; this is him

23972721-6f12-4f09-82f1-aa153fb2c292.jpg

e01ff76c-0ae1-4b85-abad-c5f44f892148.jpg

Lynsey&Smartie

Visit site
I bought Amigo Aussie rugs for my WB x boys but they were too tight on the shoulders and they have rubbed them both after just 2 days. I have spent days looking at all the available fly rugs I finally decided on the Premier Equine ones which have just arrived (yippee whilst my husband was out so no moaning about another new rug!), I will try it on them in a bit and let you know.

Your horse is lovely BTW!

Dizzleton

Visit site
I bought Amigo Aussie rugs for my WB x boys but they were too tight on the shoulders and they have rubbed them both after just 2 days. I have spent days looking at all the available fly rugs I finally decided on the Premier Equine ones which have just arrived (yippee whilst my husband was out so no moaning about another new rug!), I will try it on them in a bit and let you know.

Your horse is lovely BTW!

That's brilliant thank you. I was looking at the PE ones as I have a few other rugs by them and they fit great :)

ibot

Visit site
I struggle to get rugs to fit my Friesian as they tend to have big necks and shoulders. I still spend my life pulling them forward so will be interested to see how you get on with your post.
Oh your horse is very beautiful xx

Lynsey&Smartie

Visit site
Ralph volunteered to model the rug for you, it's the Premier Equine Super Lite Fly rug;-

IMG_20140410_170922.jpg

It's very nice, the neck cover is actually really long and you can see where it is actually folded over on him at the bottom of the neck cover but this should allow him to graze and still have neck protection. It looks like neck is separate but it isn't it's attached to the rug. Hope it helps!

Dizzleton

Visit site
Ralph volunteered to model the rug for you, it's the Premier Equine Super Lite Fly rug;-

IMG_20140410_170922.jpg

It's very nice, the neck cover is actually really long and you can see where it is actually folded over on him at the bottom of the neck cover but this should allow him to graze and still have neck protection. It looks like neck is separate but it isn't it's attached to the rug. Hope it helps!

Thank you for your help. Ralph look ecstatic to have a new rug ;)