Fly rug recommendations

Hazkirbo

www.instagram.com
Need a fly rug for Harley. We have boetts to manage his mild sweet itch; however he gets extremely hot in these and since moving yards he’s coping really well without it, so I’d rather not use it if I can avoid. I do want him to have a fly rug to minimise any risk without the added weight of A SI rug.

He’s got huge shoulders and a thick neck so some brands can be a bit snug. Also needs to be UV resistant.

My YM recommend the Amigo Mio but I don’t know if they’ve stopped making it as anywhere I can find it, it’s on sale and not in Harley’s size.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

horsemadelsie

Visit site
I've found the rugs with ear holes work very well for sweet itch, my boy has never had a boett as he won't allow anything on his ears, but wears ones with ear holes no problem. The rambo one has a generous neck, but the material is quite thick so would probably be too hot. He used to have the HY rug, which just about fitted his neck, and he's 3/4 ID and quite chunky in the front end. There's a lot of companies making that style of fly rug now, so would have thought you could find one big enough.