Fly rug without neck but with a belly flap?

Darkwater

Visit site
I might be looking for the impossible, but I am looking for a fly sheet that doesn't have a full neck (or a detachable one) but with a belly flap.

Does anyone have a rug like this or know of one?

Thanks!

RubysGold

Visit site
I havent seen any.
Like TobyZ says I can't imagine much of a market for that as people tend to want to protect the neck from bites so the mane doesn't get scratched out.
Could you buy one with a neck and get it altered? Don't know how easy that would be

Wildfox

Visit site
I was looking for this exact same thing, and surprisingly found it in decathlon just last week! Excellent price (€37 or there about) comes with a neck, but it's obviously detachable. I've found it's made on the big side so I got the size down from what I'd usually need. It's surprisingly well made, fits well and hasn't caused any rubbing so far and has held its own again the rug wrecking companion who likes to chew the life out of any rug in any horse within reach of his teeth! The belly on it is excellent too!

I'd highly recommend - it's just what I was looking for :)

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I just cut the necks off as one of my horses looses his mane if I leave the neck cover on but he hates the flies on his belly and body, I only buy cheap fly rugs anyway I have loads and wash them regularly then chuck them when they have had it.

Akkalia1

Visit site
I have one for my mare as last summer she got bitten badly on her body by flies but never on her neck! It's a detachable neck one with a belly flap, so I still have the neck part if it turns out her neck gets bitten this year. It's a Weatherbeeta Supa-Fly Detach-a-neck. Can't comment on it's durability has haven't had to use it yet as no sign of flies here at the moment. However have tried it on and seems a comfy fit and well enough made.

TotalMadgeness

Visit site
Well if its any help I've got a 6ft Swish fly rug for sale with a rainproof top - it had a detachable neck but that got removed and trampled beyond recognition by the rampant rug destroyer in the field! Rug itself is in great condition though and has belly flap.