FLY RUGS

Amazingchloe

Visit site
Hello there everyone..right i'm looking into buying another fly rug and i'm willing to spend to get a good one..

Can you recomend a descent rug? I want one that has a fully belly panel but don't want to spend as much as a Boett! Does anyboy have a Pagony? Is it good?

Please help as i'm abit baffled and don't want my bright chestnut almost ginger girly to suffer this summer!

Thanks
laugh.gif

brightmount

Visit site
I got a Pagony last year, but sold it straight away on ebay as I didn't like the fit on my horse. I would give you a recommendation, but the fly rug I replaced it with is packed away for winter and I can't remember the make! I think it was a Shires one, thinking about it, just a conventional rug with belly panel, not the Boett sort with elastic everywhere.

Tikka

Visit site
My horse wears Tesco Fly rug and with only a few treads, it looks like new. He is know for making a rug last 3 days if I'm luck,

brightmount

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for that just wondering what it was about the fit you didn't like? was it the elastic all over it? x x

[/ QUOTE ]

Something like that, I'm having to work hard at remembering precisely what it was, but I felt the elastic around the neck and legs was going to constrict and rub. I guess a Boett would be better quality than a Pagony if you have a horse who is seriously bothered by sweet itch. Otherwise I would choose a good quality conventional fly rug with fixed neck.

Louby

Visit site
I bought a premier equine fly rug last year and it was fantastic. Cheap, but one year on not a mark on it. You got a free fly mask too!

cavalo branco

Visit site
I've got a Rambo protector fly rug, I think its brilliant, hard-wearing but very soft and does let the air through.Some have such tight weave that the poor horse boils in the summer. It is a fly rug, not for sweet-itch though. It is expensive but I found mine in a sale

lucym

Visit site
i have an amigo- i know it doesnt have a belly flap, but it is very good value for money, and a hard wearing rug, that survived a summers wear on a 4yo
grin.gif
mine also fitted very well, and didnt slip, i ahev known weatherbeeta ones to slip and rub

bellaboo

Visit site
I have the rambo sweet itch hoody for both my girls got for around £50 on ebay. Really like them as they have coverage from the ears to tail, the sides are long enough that they wrap around the horses belly and have an extra long tail flap to keep the fly's away.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I bought a Premier Equine fly rug, it had the full neck cover & it fitted really well. It came with a quality face mask & kept most of the flys off him. I got it for half price, around £35 I think...well made & after being worn all summer still in great order.

Madasmaz

Visit site
I bought a horseware one, can't remember which but could also buy a waterproof liner for those days when it hot wet and the bugs are bitting. Admitedly though I do prefer to turnout at night when its hot as there are no field shelters or trees for them to get out of the beating sun.

DreamerII

Visit site
I had a Shires one for my TB mare, it was a nice one too! Didn't rub her at all, wasn't an elasticcy one, just like a kind of meshy one with a full belly panel!

And I fon't think it was that expensive either!