Fly rugs

Mari

Visit site
Are there any which don’t rub their shoulders? I have 3 very different equines & all 3 get bald patches on the points of shoulders. Newest one, 14hh Welsh, has a big front, what do folk recommend is a generous fit across the chest?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I like Premier Equine. I have or had them for TB’s a ID cross and cob type, and a welsh A so a fairly varied range! I have the Superlite but quite like the look of the newer slightly cheaper ones. They never rubbed any of mine.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
As an afterthought, a horse I had on loan always got rubs, not so much shoulder but flanks and his owner said to spray coat shine/mane and tail on. It definitely worked. Just obviously careful to avoid tack areas and do it after grooming! ?

PSD

Visit site
I have the amigo mio on my fell and it doesn’t rub her, a lot of fell pony owners recommended this one to me!

Wizpop

Visit site
Rambo Protector is expensive but good value in that it has outlasted all other fly rugs I’ve ever bought ( on a horse who was a Rug thug too!) lined shoulders and generally good fit with no rubs on my big cob.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I also have the Rambo Protector. My PRE is "robust" and has a good size shoulder area and he doesn't get any rubs, even when he lives in it 24/7.