Fly sheet recommendations pleeeeese!

evsj

Visit site
Thinking of getting a flysheet/neck cover combo to turn my horse out in this year. Haven't bothered so far as I always thought they were too hot/unnecessary etc.. But one day last year I got to the yard to find a distressed sweaty mare who'd been charging around due to the flies so figure'd it'd be worthwhile.

Can anyone recommend one which is well-fitting and doesn't make the horse get too hot?
confused.gif
wink.gif

RachelB

Visit site
Out of all the ones at work (full livery yard) I liked the Rambo Flybuster and the Amigo ones best. Amigo are cheaper though so I'd go with that if I had to get one for my horse. And I have to say that the Masta one with the flexi-neck thing is awful, not horse shaped at all!

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
I think I'm going to buy a few amigo bug rugs for our lot this summer, they do look very good, are they effective against UV rays though?

zoeandmerlin

Visit site
I bought the Aerborn one last year and its fab.... feels fairly heavy which put me off at first but its as tough as old boots and looks as good as new now its had a wash!!

RobinHood

Visit site
I have tried numerous different ones and finally last year I broke the bank and bought a rambo sweet itch hoody. Now I wish I'd just bought it in the first place because I can't fault it.

Theresa_F

Visit site
I found the rambo one in a sale at £45 and bought one for Chancer - fits very nicely and has a removable neck - Chancer has an amazing mane and I hate neck covers, but it is nice to have the option if I did want to use it.

Cairo has the weatherbeeta soft mesh - for him it fits well - but I did buy a size up, does not rub and is easy to wash and has lasted very well.

BaileyBoots

Visit site
I have had various weatherbeeta ones, rambo, Big D, mark todd, Masta, Aerbourne (sp) and even the Fal silver lined wot not one. The best I have found is the rif raff pest vest. Best in my books out of all of them