Fly traps for stables

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
My horses will be coming in during the day when it gets hot. There are still plenty of flies indoors though. Can anyone recommend a good fly trap for use indoors please ?

Coblet230

Visit site
My horses will be coming in during the day when it gets hot. There are still plenty of flies indoors though. Can anyone recommend a good fly trap for use indoors please ?

I tend to use the sticky one’s which you hang from the roof.
You can get them at hardware stores and sometimes in B & M, Home Bargains etc

Casey76

Visit site
I tend to use the sticky one’s which you hang from the roof.
You can get them at hardware stores and sometimes in B & M, Home Bargains etc
Fly paper is really good, but I can’t help think of the carnage if it fell and got tangled in a mane or tail. Fly paper is also (too) good at catching small birds, so if your stables have avian visitors I probably wouldn’t go for sticky traps

A red top might be bearable if you change it frequently

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
We have 2 nests of swallows so can't use the fly papers yet. Might go with the red top. We have one hanging in the corner of the yard. Last year it was full quickly. This year nothing yet, although there seems more flies!

DSB

Visit site
If you find a bird or as we did a large Blue Tongue Lizard,caught in one of those traps,cooking oil will get it off.Of course you have to then wash the oil off.
We had a very cranky magpie!!

my bfg

Visit site
Cut a plastic bottle in half, turn the top part over to make a funnel, part fill base with a sweet smelling liquid, fruit juice/cider/lager etc works well and string it up somewhere out of reach, amazing how many flies it catches