Fly Udder cover

sam72431

Visit site
Sorry if this has been done to death, my mare got mastitis from flies last year despite wearing a p-e fly rug with belly flap, not an option for her to stay in during day unfortunately so looking at options I’ve found the snuggy hoods udder covers which go on to the sweet itch rugs but I think these will be too hot in the summer (correct me if I’m wrong) I need to get a new fly rug I think I’ll get a new pe ultra lite with belly flap again although annoyingly they only have them with surcingles online at moment. Has anyone managed to attach the udder cover to any other type of rig looking at it I do think it would be possible. Any other ideas would be great ? tia

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I used the udder cover successfully on a mare. It needed to be washed every couple of days so 2 are needed I think. My mare never got hot. She wore a head cover, chest protector, Shire SI rug, and an udder cover. I put the velcro on the Shires belly wrap. It worked fine.

sam72431

Visit site
I used the udder cover successfully on a mare. It needed to be washed every couple of days so 2 are needed I think. My mare never got hot. She wore a head cover, chest protector, Shire SI rug, and an udder cover. I put the velcro on the Shires belly wrap. It worked fine.

Amazing thanks for letting me know ?

Melandmary

Visit site
I also got the snuggly hoods with udder cover. My mare is just too hot in it in the summer- even clipped and even though I had one made extra wide ?, it does rub. I gave up with that and every other day I smother sudacrem on her inner legs, teats and belly and it works a treat. You know to start before the flies bite though or it stings a bit. Every week I just wash it all off with hibiscrub and start again. It has worked for us and my pony is happy not to be wearing a rug ?

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I also got the snuggly hoods with udder cover. My mare is just too hot in it in the summer- even clipped and even though I had one made extra wide ?, it does rub. I gave up with that and every other day I smother sudacrem on her inner legs, teats and belly and it works a treat. You know to start before the flies bite though or it stings a bit. Every week I just wash it all off with hibiscrub and start again. It has worked for us and my pony is happy not to be wearing a rug ?

yes I think the snuggy hoods rug is hot. I used the Shires Highlander Sweet Itch rug and added the udder cover to it.