Flyball!!

prose

Visit site
I am dying to give this a go, but there are no flyball clubs in the city. Plenty of agility classes, mind, so that's what we're going to get back into, now that Stella is all healed.

Is Darcy crazy about fetching balls?

HeatherAda

Visit site
Absolutely mental over balls. It's done us a favour actually because when she was very little she'd see another dog and be gone - now if there is a ball around nothing else matters. The little girl is obsessed!

I'll get some pics next week. We're in the baby lane at the mo but she's doing really well. She's been for 3 weeks now with OH as work kept getting in the way for me. The experienced dogs are so fast, it's fantastic to watch.

We're on a waiting list for the agility club - going to do that too. I am a pushy mum
grin.gif

bushbaby28

Visit site
any idea where you can find lists of local clubs? i rea;y wanna give it go. my ball obsessed Collie would love it. thinking of giving up on agility as hes fast but just doesn't have the accuracy and getting bit scard he'll hurt himself.

Jillyy

Visit site
I have been competing with my BC's in Flyball for years. Our teams even been as far as crufts to compete.
Brilliant sport. You will usually get a list of clubs if you google flyball. Although i'd recommend going along and having a watch before joining them, as i have seen quite a few teams over the years who shout at their dogs when they do something wrong and even seen people hitting their dogs!! These are the clubs NOT to join, and these are the teams who will never make it far!!
Look for a fun club, one who welcomes new members and enjoys the sport!

Goya

Visit site
I started flyball just over a year ago as i haven't got a horse to ride and compete any more, and I was getting withdrawal symptoms!
i have a crossbreed re home and a Lab who has learned flyball this summer and she is 8 and a half, so you can teach an old dog new tricks!
I tried agility with the xbreed and it wasn't working. Flyball has been the making of her and she has become so much more confident.
It is the most brilliant sport and more difficult than it looks when you start doing close changes, but you soon learn to "get your eye in".
Flyball has taken me all over the country this year, even to the British Flyball Championships.
keep it up. Which Club have you started with?

HeatherAda

Visit site
No way! Yes, we'll be there on Wednesday. I met Jean in Dallington Park with her impeccable troop of collies and got chatting to her.

Come and say hi if you spot us. Like I said we're on the baby lane at the mo and have been paired up with a really fast labradoodle.

This is Darcy... She's a small Collie type.

darcywickenverysmall.jpg

She's a bit of a soggy mess in this one, but trying to find a good pic with her markings showing.

IMG_5318.jpg

Have you got any pics of your 2?

Goya

Visit site
Jess is thought to be a collie x but was a stray so we know nothing about her early life. A friend found her at Maxicare and knew I was looking for another dog at the time.She was approximately 1yr old when we got her and very nervous. We think she has been mistreated as she used to cower when you went to stroke her, and seemed frightened of children. She is now 5.
It's taken us a long time to gain her trust and confidence but as I said, flyball has been the making of her.
She loves a cuddle now.
I don't know how to put pictures on the forum. I'm a bit useless with technology!
I train Tuesday but will come over on wednesday and look out for you.

HeatherAda

Visit site
Wow. Sounds like shes come a long way. Nice to hear a success story. My pup was a rescue too and was left at a bottle bank but we've had her since she was 11 weeks old (ish) and in all honesty she has never shown any signs of unhappiness or fear. One of the luckier ones I suppose.

Might see you on weds then
smile.gif

p.s. If you do want to put pics up you need a photobucket account (www.photobucket.com). It's really easy, you just upload and then highlight and copy the IMG Code which will be underneath the pic and then paste onto your post.