Video Flying high (and really wide!) into the weekend

BunnyDog

Visit site
Hi Everyone...

It's a fun weekend here albeit looking possibly a tad damp. Cudo is progressing quite well. To the point that we are going to attempt to do a show a level up this weekend.....IF the weather holds.

I had a short school yesterday and I thought you might enjoy the video from it. I have long said that 2 stride combinations will make anyone feel invincible. Yesterday was no different. My goal was to school a bit wider oxer in preparation for the show. For our courses the oxers can be up to 1.45 wide so I was trying to school one around 1.40 wide to give him a bit of a stretch. This is where things get funny. A long time ago I schooled a horse of mine over a grid, wanting to school up to 1.25 in prep for an event that weekend. I finished my ride and before I left the farm decided to measure the last jump since it felt a bit big. Long story short, my eye is horrible for actually judging the size of things. I thought the oxer last night was maybe 5' wide. It was 6' wide (1.80m) and years ago that jump I did was 1.60. LOL So anyway moral of the story don't ever let me set your courses. :p

More exciting is that I managed to steal 3 days off work next week and we are going to be riding with Richard Spooner in a clinic Tues-Thurs. AND I took a leap and entered the 1.25m+ group. Which Cudo is more than ready for but it's still a thrill. :oops::cool:;)

So here's the entire jump school from last night. All 2 mins of video. It was a short school since he has so much coming up, but as always he is a star. SOOOOOO glad I found him. I've attached a screen shot of the oxer in question. It was only 1.20 high but 1.80 wide. LOL

Emily

Attachments

• 59979995_10156383130517759_8193018711213342720_n.jpg
    59979995_10156383130517759_8193018711213342720_n.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 37

TPO

Visit site
Good luck for your show this weekend.

Lovely video, what a nice shape he throws while making those fences look small. He's a star!

I hope you enjoy the clinic and I look forward to reading your reports <hint hint>

Bernster

Visit site
Gulp! Great to hear how you’re getting on and good luck at your next show. Cudo seems like he’s continuing to be a star.

BunnyDog

Visit site
And they just canceled the show. Too much rain. I'm actually ok with this since now we're going to be more fresh for 3 days of the clinic with Richard.

The show is so sweet they have an unrecognized schooling show next weekend and the management is offering to raise the fences for me if I come so I can get the experience I'd been trying for today. Such class people. I'm on the fence but I might do it.

So Cudo is sparkling clean and everything outside is mud. Turning him out later will be painful to watch!

It is however a great day to pack the trailer with everything for the clinic trip Tuesday morning.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend!

Emily