Flying orange pony tackles a big hedge!

AML

Visit site
As someone that hacks by that hedge, I can testify to it being a serious hedge. What the pictures don't show is how seriously wide it is. In fact it is ridiculously wide!
Smashing set of pictures and a cracking jumping machine you have there.

star

Visit site
As someone that hacks by that hedge, I can testify to it being a serious hedge. What the pictures don't show is how seriously wide it is. In fact it is ridiculously wide!
Smashing set of pictures and a cracking jumping machine you have there.

i used to hack by it often, but never paid it any notice as wasn't into hedge jumping on my old pony. Cant say I noticed how wide it was when flying over it either! Felt like a long time landing though! What a buzz.

Mickyjoe

Visit site
Wow!! Fab pics!! Well done you!
He mustn't have done much hunting in Ireland or he would have tried to put down on top of that hedge!! :)

star

Visit site
Wow!! Fab pics!! Well done you!
He mustn't have done much hunting in Ireland or he would have tried to put down on top of that hedge!! :)

no ,he never hunted in Ireland. He came over to Wales when he was a baby and then hunted in Wales until he was 5 when he came to England and someone tried to make him show-jump which he doesn't think too much of. Then I got him when he was just rising 6. Had him 2yrs now and loving him! This is his 2nd season with the draghunt and it's fabulous - most fun I've ever had.

TalaveraII

Visit site
Just a quick reply to Tabledancer and KatB [who's comment I found quite rude] -

Tabledancer, you must have misread my post because I am a big advocate of cobs CAN jump, and get tired of people saying they can't. My friends cob, who I was referring to in that post you were referring to, is a serious eventer / hunter / pony club allrounder, who I have seen jump some huge fences. He's jumped a 5ft oxer, and having ridden him as well, I know he's not easy.

Please don't accuse me of being an anti cob, because I am all for them, and love to see S go out in his full coloured gypsy cob state, mane and feathers flying, and sticking two up at those that say he can't. I am also trying to persuade my friend to take her 'cob' eventing, because she has a cracking pop, and even Claire Lomas said she should go. I teach this girl and her cob, and have had them over 1.15m, and I am more adamant that she would go higher than the actual rider is.

glenruby

Visit site
Saw the photo in your sig yesterday and thought "what a fab pony". Hes got a cracking jump - maybe you'll have to leave the dressage behind and make a jumping pony out of him!! :p

KatB

Visit site
Just a quick reply to Tabledancer and KatB [who's comment I found quite rude] -

Tabledancer, you must have misread my post because I am a big advocate of cobs CAN jump, and get tired of people saying they can't. My friends cob, who I was referring to in that post you were referring to, is a serious eventer / hunter / pony club allrounder, who I have seen jump some huge fences. He's jumped a 5ft oxer, and having ridden him as well, I know he's not easy.

Please don't accuse me of being an anti cob, because I am all for them, and love to see S go out in his full coloured gypsy cob state, mane and feathers flying, and sticking two up at those that say he can't. I am also trying to persuade my friend to take her 'cob' eventing, because she has a cracking pop, and even Claire Lomas said she should go. I teach this girl and her cob, and have had them over 1.15m, and I am more adamant that she would go higher than the actual rider is.

As I have just replied to in a PM, the comments were meant as tongue in cheek. As I have just replied to you, perhaps stop taking yourself so seriously and you may see the funny side to some "tongue in cheek" comments.

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
What awesome pictures, I am SO impressed :):):) It really does make me wish I wasnt such a wimp :eek:, the pics of someone jumping the tiger trap after you (I think that sort of fence is called a tiger trap?) look fab too, the fence looks so inviting if you are brave :D

It also makes me wish I still had my section D from 12 years ago, he walked all over me at the time but if I had him now, knowing what I know now...:D:D

horseywelsh

Visit site
Fan-tas-tic!!!! Awesome pony and go you! I too have a welshie and they are such truely versatile animals. Wish you many more fun times with him :)