Flying Pony!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Could not resist sharing these pics of Jenny at her NSEA event. This is the 90/95 class. These fences seemed MASSIVE but she just pings them. Love, love this pony.

56286772_2227025080710894_924220917070954496_n.jpg

56177128_2227025107377558_2369017854969249792_n.jpg

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
No not yet! We have had her 8 wonderful months. But she will need to go at the end of the season.... :-(

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I think she will be outgrown. Izzy is very light with a short upper body but has long legs and is growing rapidly. We will just have to wait and see, but I think Izzy will be knocking poles down with her feet soon!

Michen

Visit site
I think she will be outgrown. Izzy is very light with a short upper body but has long legs and is growing rapidly. We will just have to wait and see, but I think Izzy will be knocking poles down with her feet soon!

Sounds like you’ve made the decision already which is a shame as with a pony like that I’d be keeping her until it was physically not practical to ride her anymore, worth their weight in gold.

I am speaking from a childhood where I rode a 13hh pony up until I was 14 though, despite being relatively tall, as I adored the pony and my parents certainly wouldn’t let me have another until my feet really were practically touching the floor.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I haven't made the decision. We need to wait and see and I would never sell a pony out from under my daughter against her wishes. But I was just assuming that by October after Champs she will be too big. Maybe not! But the other issue is the saddle. She came in a 15.5 inch. She has a short back and the saddle fitted her well but did not fit Izzy at all. Her thigh is very long and she perched right on the cantle.

Jenny is now in a 16.5 inch which extends slightly too far behind her last rib which the saddle fitter said was only ok as Izzy is so light but in a heavier rider would not be suitable.

The concern is that Izzy is underweight. It would be very unhealthy for her to try and keep her weight down for Jenny's sake as she needs to be gaining.

Last edited:

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I don’t think she will be knocking poles with her legs anytime soon going by those pics.

I wouldn’t get rid of a good thing, you have done this before and it’s knocked the kids backwards. I’d be keeping her for longer and letting your kids get more confidence. Seems to be as soon as they are enjoying it and back to how it should be you for kids seem to think that’s when a new pony is needed and it sets them back again.

Let her enjoy this time, I’m sure the pony could deal with another stone even if your daughter needs to gain a little weight. I have a close friend riding a short backed native who is tall and thin and riding in a 16.5 and she’s about 9/10 stone. Not hurting her pony in the slightest. Let the kids enjoy being kids.