Foal advertising.

05jackd

Visit site
I have two lovely foals for sale this year - one is a serious dressage prospect and the other is a real heavy duty bruiser of a foal (looks more like a ID than a warmblood) but has a super sweet temperament. Where do you advertise? I have found Horsequest to be hopeless in the past for Youngstock. There are so many timewasters on Facebook and animals aren't supposed to be advertised.

Is there an outlet just for foals that I am missing? Where do serious buyers look?

TheMule

Visit site
I have two lovely foals for sale this year - one is a serious dressage prospect and the other is a real heavy duty bruiser of a foal (looks more like a ID than a warmblood) but has a super sweet temperament. Where do you advertise? I have found Horsequest to be hopeless in the past for Youngstock. There are so many timewasters on Facebook and animals aren't supposed to be advertised.

Is there an outlet just for foals that I am missing? Where do serious buyers look?

Horsequest would still be my choice, I’m just not sure there’s much of a market for foals

Asha

Visit site
I think with warmbloods unless you are a big named breeder you can struggle to sell foals . If however your foals have top notch breeding with dam lines producing the goods then there are foal auctions you can look into .
Other than that as TM suggest horse quest is probably your best bet . You could try BD/BS websites as they do have classifieds
Other than that there are FB pages dedicated to selling Youngstock etc

05jackd

Visit site
I think with warmbloods unless you are a big named breeder you can struggle to sell foals . If however your foals have top notch breeding with dam lines producing the goods then there are foal auctions you can look into .
Other than that as TM suggest horse quest is probably your best bet . You could try BD/BS websites as they do have classifieds
Other than that there are FB pages dedicated to selling Youngstock etc
You might be right. We are very much a hobby breeder and only produce a couple of foals per year.
One has Grand Prix horses on both sides and several licensed stallions so is certainly bred with performance in mind. BD might be a good idea.

The other is more of a mixed pedigree with both Showjumping and dressage so perhaps we should aim her at more of a mixed market than pure dressage?

Shoei

Visit site
As a buyer, I look at HorseQuest and bought my weanling, who is now 2 off a small hobby breeder.