Foal Registration ... Which society?

GemG

Visit site
*Sire is licensed And Reg with British Spotted Pony Society.
*Dam is pink papered Trakehner.

Resulting fabulous Filly foal is expected to make 16hh or near enough, so will be a horse rather than a pony.

The dam has lovely breeding, the stallion although he is awesome doesn't have much in the way of bloodlines.

I noticed the BSPS have a spotted sports horse register. But is it worth the paper it's written on when you don't even have a grading or anything or proof of competition record to be registered under that section?

I don't intend to sell foal unless i ever find myself in dire financial situation! But should I ever have to is it better registering as a part bred Trak?

Mmmmm??? Someone help me! What would you do?

popsdosh

Visit site
*Sire is licensed And Reg with British Spotted Pony Society.
*Dam is pink papered Trakehner.

Resulting fabulous Filly foal is expected to make 16hh or near enough, so will be a horse rather than a pony.

The dam has lovely breeding, the stallion although he is awesome doesn't have much in the way of bloodlines.

I noticed the BSPS have a spotted sports horse register. But is it worth the paper it's written on when you don't even have a grading or anything or proof of competition record to be registered under that section?

I don't intend to sell foal unless i ever find myself in dire financial situation! But should I ever have to is it better registering as a part bred Trak?

Mmmmm??? Someone help me! What would you do?

Is the stallion graded ,from how you describe him I guess not,in which case your options in any sports horse registry will be very limited AES maybe the only viable option.

GemG

Visit site
Sorry my original post has typo error .....

BSPS should actually read BSpPS (British Spotted Pony Society).

No sire is not graded - they don't have a grading system. He is licenced (basically vet exam to satisfy suitable for breeding) and registered.

GemG

Visit site
Should / could I register with Spotted Sports Horse Register then over stamp with Trakehner Uk ?

GemG

Visit site
Congratulations, are there any pics? I would register pb Trakehner Iroys breeding is too good to waste.

That's what I was thinkining and planning originally, but I've heard conflicting opinions ... As always ! Just want to do what's best for foal, she is so fabulous! Can't get pics on yet, but will try and get some on soon.

Rollin

Visit site
How do I add pictures ??

Have you got a photobucket account? If so you copy the IMG string of numbers by just clicking and it will show you in yellow 'copied' then you paste onto this forum post.

I don't know if it the same for all computers but after Photobucket made some changes I had trouble posting, because the string of numbers was too long.

If when you paste onto your reply you get URL numbers, delete all of the string before and after IMG. So your string will begin and end with IMG, then it should work.

Rollin

Visit site
Here you go.

image.jpg68_zpslxkd065t.jpg

GemG

Visit site
image.jpg54_zpseaxhhsun.jpg

Wow thanks for your help Rollin!

This is Irock.

She has stripey feet, parti-coloured skin, white sclera and some strange coloured spots under closer inspection... So who knows what colour she will go eventually!

image.jpg73_zpsazl8740z.jpg

One day she will grow into her ears!

Hoping she will do dressage with me one day and have fun along the way!

Last edited:

GemG

Visit site
image.jpg79_zpsacziv0ts.jpg

....and proud mum, I am very fortunate she is such a great broodmare!

Last edited:

GemG

Visit site
752bbf8f-08d8-4e9d-8d39-7c82cddca87a_zpsotorvmkt.jpg

...and Daddy, who is 14.2hh and is 21 yrs old ... You can see where the spotty talk comes from. That's me fully practiced with adding pics now!

Rollin

Visit site
Gem what lovely photos, thanks for posting. I totally agree with you, it is important to choose the right stud book for your foal.

My CB stallion is QA approved by CBHS but because they are not members of WBFSH and refuse to make an agreement with the National Stud in France (unlike the Dales Pony Society, who do have one), it impossible to offer my stallion to TB mares in France. Breeders don't want to buy a UK passport and then pay again to register in France.

Proper and transparent grading systems matter. I have been through this three times with two stallions.

My CB stallion will probably be castrated in the autumn another rare breed lost!!

Choose carefully you have a lovely foal.

GemG

Visit site
Thank you Rollin! Agree totally, it's important to chose the right stud book. I don't have intentions to breed from this one, but you never know what the future holds and seeing as she is a filly, it's to give her the best 'paperwork' for the future if that makes sense.

Yes basically from what I gather anyone with a spot bred horse can reg with BSpPS in their Spotted Sports Horse Register.

But I feel this is rather pointless, when there is no assessment of either sport potential or actual talent or ability. IMHO this makes for a pointless register and has seriously put me off going with that society. So there could be the most backward, rubbish, badly put together spotty horse with no ability placed under that register in theory, and be classed a 'sports' horse.

Maybe I'm missing the point, or am being too critical.

I have contacted Trakehners UK and I could register the filly as PB Trak and although not eligible for their grading as its for pure bred only, she could still do the performance testing part should we chose to/be able to. They also sounded very helpful and enthusiastic to boot.

I think that's the route to go down, unless anyone can convince me otherwise.

I confuse myself with all these books, societies, grading and what they mean!!!

..your CBs are rather smart, bet your really pleased with your strapping filly!

Last edited:

GemG

Visit site
Ah thank you Faracat, that's interesting. I would consider that in future, if all good enough in the future!

GemG

Visit site
image.jpg2_zpsncoytb4x.jpg

She is 2 months old now, we're going with the TBF (part bred).

image.jpg3_zpsumlc093h.jpg

Last edited:

GemG

Visit site
Sadly not. I would love to, however my hands are full with two young children (one only 10 months old) (call me a wuss, but It's not worth the stress!) and I am based SW Scotland, so it would not be a short journey for us.

I would love to support the part bred section, but maybe in future when I have the time!

The Trakehner has been a great cross for us, am still so pleased with her.

Last edited: