Foaling Alarms

Bossanova

Visit site
Our friends have a TB stud a nd use them, I think they generally work but arent 100% reliable. Certainly a lot of money for just one mare I think.
They have a fantastic cat that stays with the mares when theyre close and comes to get them when a mare goes down-impressive huh?!!

Enfys

Visit site
Friends of mine who used to breed arabs used those baby listener devices so they could hear if the mare was restless/grunting etc.
smile.gif

Folara

Visit site
Not sure how they work but I do know they can be hired - which is what I might do.

Would also be interested in any views on them.

Sylina

S_N

Visit site
I know that they can also be used on horses prone to colic - they measure the heart rate and/or sweating!

S_N

Visit site
I was thinking of hiring one - what with working as well as being on foal watch, I was just thinking aloud really!

S_N

Visit site
Now THAT is a good idea - my sister has one of those, a good one too, will have to con it out of her
grin.gif

The Voice

Visit site
We have a wyke one which we have found to be very reliable.

We have a mare that shows no signs that she is about to foal (does not bag up, run milk, get restless etc etc) and in the past we have stayed up checking her and watching the cctv and has nearly caught us even after checking her 10 minutes earlier. With the foal alarm (which works of a sensor on a neck strap), we get a good nights sleep and get a few minutes notice to check the cameras. Also has a good range on it. Didn't think I would get to trust it but after the last few births with this mare, would recomend it.

web site http://www.wyke-equine.co.uk/foaling_alarm.htm

Well worth the money and no more staying up all night!

S_N

Visit site
Good God!! Talk about post resurection!

Urmmm if you are advertising - a) it's against this forums T&C's and b) you're a little late - the foal is nearly NINE MONTHS OLD now
grin.gif
tongue.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Luckily Amy will be on CCTV when she's close to foaling. I've also been allowed to change my hours of work to an 10.30am start, which will make life so much easier!