Foaling cameras

Mega

Visit site
Hi guys
Any recommendations on what cameras are best to go for in my stable which is literally opposite my house? Foalie not due until early may but want to get it all sorted. Don't want to miss it this time!
Thank you 😊

TheMule

Visit site
I use a fairly cheap wireless camera although I actually bought a 50m net cable and kept it plugged in because the router wasn't sending out a strong enough signal to be reliable enough. I kept a alight on the whole time she was close as the night vision wasn't really up to it but it worked really well.
Mine streamed to an app on my iPad so I could watch it from anywhere, even work. When she was near I just woke up every hour through the night to check on her from the comfort of my own bed!

_jetset_

Visit site
I have cameras that are set up to attach to my mobile, therefore I can keep my eye on the girls where ever I may be. They were invaluable this year as I had a difficult foaling and I could see exactly what time she started to go into labour so we knew how much time we had. So I would say one that records too, the one we use is Alien DVR.

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Equicom have a range of kit at very reasonable prices, and I think that their basic package is what we bought for our foalings about eight years ago now. That worked incredibly well - and I would back the idea of recording the foaling.