follow on from Kirst's post.......a mini rant about ppl who interfere

pocket

Visit site
Kirst was saying that her YO said she was too small to ride her horse! What right do people have to interfere in what we do with our horses, if we are of course acting correctly and in the horses interest.

I had a similar event yesterday which left me livid. I have 30 years horsey experience, including exams! Ralph is on box rest at the moment, because he is very slightly lame, he suffers from COPD so I soak his hay. Normally, I soak it for about 20 minutes which keeps his respiritory system happy. Yesterday, I decided to soak it for a few hours as he does not need the goodness from it as he already has quite a bit of condition on him and does not need any more whilst on box rest.

I trotted off to physio and when I came back, my hay had been turned out of its tub
ooo.gif
The woman who did it then said ' why have you soaked your hay for so long, I tipped it out' I was quite shocked and just said that the hay was quite dusty and I wanted to soak it longer.....why was I answering in the first place, its my hay? She then repeated the question really agressively. I just replied because I wanted too!

Why do people interfere? It drives me mad
mad.gif

PeanutButterDragon

Visit site
Maybe the fact that we all have such different experiences and are taught so differently by our respective instructors/family etc sort of opens us all up for disagreement.

Cop-Pop

Visit site
Some people are like that. A YO at one of my old yard lined up a load of prospective buyers for B because she decided we weren't right together
mad.gif
crazy.gif
I just ignore them now unless I think they have a valid point.

pocket

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the fact that we all have such different experiences and are taught so differently by our respective instructors/family etc sort of opens us all up for disagreement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we all have different views on things. I often go to the yard and see things that make my toes curl, but I keep quiet, unless it is dangerous ie the children riding without hats etc, but to physically do something is another matter!

louise4208

Visit site
people like this make me livid, everyone thinks they are an expert.
I soak 1 of my horses hay for about 6 hours before I feed it. He is a shetland pony with laminitis, and is in a lot of the time. My vet recommended this, as it takes the goodness out of it.
I'm on my own yard now, so thankfully I can do what I want without the people butting in!

ISHmad

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Some people are like that. A YO at one of my old yard lined up a load of prospective buyers for B because she decided we weren't right together
mad.gif
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
WTF? No wonder she is a YO at a previous yard of yours. Jeez.

I'm the same as everyone else, will offer help if asked otherwise keep myself to myself.

niagaraduval

Visit site
I hate it too. There was a bloke (a complete a*s hole!) who was at my yard. He said that I was no longer allowed to muck out my horse, feed my horse, give him extra hay, turn him out.. Every time I rode him he would come into the arena and just criticize everything I did. In the end when ever I saw him coming over I just walked through the gate and took Niagara for a hack. He made both horses extremely ill. He stole things from me and the YO. I'm sure he rode my horse when I wasn't there. One day (last winter) I put in some hay for my beast before leaving. It was a cold black winters night. I came back 10 mins later, the b@astard had taken it out. HOW DARE HE. When he had a foal there i NEVER ever interfered with it. I didn't even go onto the stable with it. When he sold the foal 3 months later (money issues) he ocntinued coming. He rode the YO 15 y/o mare that hadn't been ridden properly for the last 5 years, He rode her 5 hours a day cantering and jumping massive jumps. The mare must have lost about 6 stone in about 2 weeks. Her legs were always swollen. He was a liar. I told the YO of how the tw*t was looking after his horse. Several weeks later the mare got very sick and was thought to be put down. The bloke was kicked out. He started treating it as though the farm was his, he would just go and use the YO car whenever he felt like it, the lorry, drive the tractors about. He even told all the farm workers who had been there for the last 10 years what they can and can't do. I honestly say I was one of my most happiest days ever when he left.
His wife divorced him, he lost his children, his car, his horses, his home. He's now living in a city apartment somewhere on his own, with no job. He's been kicked out by all the equestrian centers. Serves him right.
Oops.. Complete life story tell there.. I'd better stop...
I have sympathy for you! It is HELL!

eoe

Visit site
I have one on my yard she is just a livery, I run it for the owner, but she bullies some of the other liveries into things that they don't really want to do, like getting their horses backs done every 6 weeks, in the last 18 months we have had 4 different physios on the yard and all have been better than the last, and lo and behold all the horses have something wrong with them!!!!!! Our vets have an approved Dentist but he will only come out for 5 horses as he has a long journey and is always busy at he vets, so she is getting people to use another one who I know is not very good but people tend to listen to her as she is very convincing. Shame she doesn't break one of the rules on her contract then we could get rid of her, but she is too cute for that, she has managed to get some of the liveries to change to woodchips so she can share a delivery with them as she was only one of 2 on woodchips the rest were on straw. The list is endless of things she has done and does, eventually people get fed up and leave, but will not name her as the reason for leaving, they make up some other excuse. Liveries, who would have them if they had a choice, yes I know there are a lot of really nice good liveries out there, just wish I had a few more on my yard. Rant over.