Following from how much is your horse worth...what did you pay?

Blizzard

Visit site
I paid £1300 for Beau including his tack and rugs.
I paid nothing for Lance.

smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
£4k including transport from Ireland, but that included nothing! He was a 3/4yr old professionally backed and lightly schooling (sat on 5 times), and Introduced to poles on the day I went to see him!
grin.gif

JJ2

Visit site
£2000 for a fat hairy pony that hadnt been ridden for about a year, but i bought her from a good friend and had always wanted this horse so for me she was cheap as chips!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Vicki_Krystal

vpequestrian.weebly.com
hmm,
13k for my then just broken 4yr old, but he is a star, i jumped young riders on him and he is with me for life ( i had jst sold my ja pony for 16.5k - i would never have that money otherwise)
7k for one jumping fox/ 1.30 but now retired with navicular
5k for my new unbroken holsteiner
3.5k for my fab novice ( he failed vet on something silly so i got him at bargain price- i had agreed on 5.5k before vet)

also my 2yr old i brought for 2.5k but have just sold him as just broken rising 4yr old for 5k

_jetset_

Visit site
I paid £3,500 for Hannah (she came with some rugs and a saddle) as a very green 5 year old, and £2,500 for Grace who came with nothing at all and had been backed and turned away for a year
smile.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
Tinto was £2500 I think (cant remember now, but £2k something...!). He was a very green 5yo when I got him and not exactly looking great.
Shadow was £2000 I think. He was also very green (only 3 though), I bought him unseen (except for DVD) from Wales! Was a brat when I got him, bolshy weedy sod!
Lucky was £1000, but he was my very first pony (now 20!), was 5 at the time and had been a ride & drive. Was quite pricey back then.
Judy was £100 as she was Luckys companion and came with him.

GinaGem

Visit site
Ru was £6250 (unbacked 3yr old)

Gem was £3000 (lightly backed 3 yr old) but that was 13 years ago and my mum actually bought her. She's been worth her weight in gold.

BeckyD

Visit site
Ronnie was £4,250 with nothing. 4yo TB, retrained out of racing for 5 months, jumping DC at 3 foot and 3 foot 3, flatwork started but very green, I thought he was very expensive for what he was, but he's just got such a lovely attitude to everything that I'd pay it again for him
grin.gif

rara007

Visit site
Pip and Ginga were £4500 together,pair competed nationally, 6+8, one broken to drive and drive singly, the other not
Ajay-£400-Just backed shetty, superb temperament.4 YO
Teddy-£1000-seemed expensive at the time, wlesh A, very quite, perfect FR, been to HOYs.8YO
The boys-You will probably think this price is ridiclous and shoot us down in flames, but £20,000. That was for 5 ponies, all welsh B's, with made to measure nice synthetic harness, all rugs, and competition carriage. Aged 6,8,9,10,11. gledings

ColouredFan

Visit site
Frankie was £3000 as a 5 yr old with tack and Rugs, Fair price at the time, he must now be worth 10kish as he has points at Noivce level BE

Tilla was £1200 as an unbroken 3 yr old and we sold her in sept as a PC/SJ pony 5 yrs old for £6,000 with some rugs.

Woody cost £4,500 as a 4 yr old, and Nico has cost us about £1500 in stud/vet fees etc

vieshot

Visit site
£900 for a 13yo nf gelding, nappy little s*** at the time, used to take a good twenty minutes to get him out of the yard and he used to turn around and gallop towards home lol, he is now my angel and does everything perfectly and is quiet as a lamb, although will test new riders. Got him with headcollar and bridle.

My yearling nf colt was £200, he was quiet and you could touch him nearly all over but wasnt halter broken, he is now perfect to handle, loads, good around clippers (obviously havnt clipped him!) walks past tractors etc and is very quiet, could trust him with a child and could probably put a child on his back now(although obviously wouldnt!)

lexiedhb

Visit site
I paid £1500 for 16hh 9 year old irish TB,(but that was 13 odd years ago). Ex racer, hadnt done much else, but was a diamond on the ground, to box, shoe, clip and in heaviest traffic, (except milk floats!!!).... and was trainable and taught me a whole heap of stuff, took be through pony club eventing etc so I reckon he was worth it totally!!

malibu211211

How the hell do I know??? I can barely remember my
Visit site
I paid £1750 for Donnegan, I know probably too much considering his joint problem but he has taught me so much over the past two and half years. He'll never be sold as he is such a fun hack and completely bombproof in traffic and I think he deserves an easy life now
grin.gif

Monty I paid £2900 without tack probably a bit much considering how green he was and how much he's cost in schooling
blush.gif
but when I rode him he felt right.

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
Oskie I payed £1k for, don't think he's worth that realistically
blush.gif
he's not a good horse for a nervous/new rider, he's not really sound to do schooling, will never jump, is a bit strange looking... but he has the BEST personality, and is a fab hack (VERY FAST!)

amandaco2

Visit site
i paid 3k for shantih as a 5yo just backed 14 years ago, didnt include anything except the shoes she stood in lol.
tups was free(well she was 26)
and bey was sort of free as i bred her myself!!!