Following on from Slight Rant Post

Sarah1

Visit site
Haven't read all of original post but I wouldn't leave my horse, or any horse for that matter, in their stable without water - unless advised to do so by vet. Hay is slightly different and I wouldn't be overly fussed if my horse was without for hour or so.
I know what's being said about police horses, working horses, hunters etc. not having access to food and water all the time and it having no ill effects and if circumstances dictated that my boy had no access then so be it but if it's possible to give them food and water why wouldn't you just give them some?!

Sparklet

Visit site
Well you have several choices open to you -
1-tell the woman to leave your pony where it is
2-tell the woman you would appreciate it next time if she filled a bucket and hope she doesnt take her bat home
3-try to bear your pony not having fresh water and give it a bucket yourself (after all the field water wont be fresh)

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Tbh i wouldnt be bothered about hay or food buti would be seriously annoyed if a hrose was brought in with no access to water. The first thing my boy does when hes brought in is drink (prob as hes too busy eating all day int he paddock to actually want to take time out of his busy eating schedule to drink!) plus who knows what time the horse was brought in or how long its been without water.
Sorry but its a simple task
I dont worry about colic at all or anything silly like that but tbh i think it is cruel to keep an animal in a confined space with no access to water let alone illegal!