Following on from the how much you paid for your horse(s) posts...

Bex7

Visit site
If you go by what he was described as:
Bombproof
Novice Ride
Confidence giver
snaffle mouth lives in or out......

Then I got a bargain IMO for £2200

If you go by what he is:
Spooky
Traffic Shy
Strong stubborn
NOT a novice ride
am thinking not a snaffle mouth as we lack brakes.....
Claustraphobic
COPD.........
then I was robbed!

However glad I got him and would pay the same again!

harrihjc

Visit site
I think i'll have to wait and see, to me he is worth every penny and I wouldn't sell him no matter what I was offered. He really does lack manners and can be a pain on the ground, is quite green still and absolutely wild about food, however he has given me back my confidence, got me out jumping again, i think he's absolutely gorgeous and he's coming on nicely, and he's absolutely adored by everyone that knows him, especially me!

I think Maddy was an absolute bargain at £300, we've had 8 years of fun and she's done very well jumping locally

_OC_

Visit site
TBH if I paid a fiver or the amount that I did pay really does not matter as a horse is what you think it's worth.......for my cob a fair price and have been told worth alot more as could do working cob to county level and he is a sweetie too!

4whitesocks

Visit site
Wouldn't have paid any more for him at the time and tried to bargain the guy down as my vet suspected he may have done his suspensory as a foal (he fills up a little if he's left in too long) BUT....today - considering we won our first SJ RC comp together...I definitely think I got a bargain!!

JessPickle

Visit site
Probably paid a bit over the odds, but mainly because we has been searching for a year and a half and at the time there just didnt seem to be any schoolmaster over 17hh types

He was worth every penny though!

PennyJ

Visit site
£2,000 for a green 5 year old 12 months ago. Originally on for £2,800. I bid £1800 but she wasn't having it. Yes, he has been worth it. I would be asking at least double for him if I was putting him up for sale now, BUT HE'S NOT FOR SALE and won't be for a long time!

Skhosu

Visit site
always end up paying over the price, or about right and selling for variable amounts. Last couple have all made money so not too bad.