Following on from who has a "broken" horse....

Dolphin

Visit site
...what did you do? I am particularly interested in people who only have the time and money for 1 horse and have now got an unridable horse for whatever reason. Have you kept your horse? How long are you willing to pay for and keep a horse that you cannot ride if you cannot afford another?

I would be very interested in your stories please and what you decided to do.
crazy.gif

Perissa

Visit site
I sort of fit into that although I do have 4, an unridable arab, 2 shetlands and a miniature stallion so although I have 4 I can't ride any of them.

I have kept my boy and will keep him for as long as he has quality of life. He's only 7 so he may be around for a few years. It is not his fault that he was injured.

RobinHood

Visit site
I only have one horse of my own and he's completely broken. He's been turned away since october and I'm going to have a go at bringing him back into work very slowly in july. If he's still unrideable then I'm not sure what I'll do because he's only 10 and I'm not sure if I can keep a field pet for another 10yrs. The only money he costs us is feed money because we pay the YO a flat rate for the field irrespective of how many horses we have on it so there's no rush timewise. Since he's been off work I had my sister's pony at uni with me for a term and at the moment I have my mum's 4yr old haflinger, and whilst it's nice to have something to ride neither of them are the same as my event horse
frown.gif

flowerlady

Visit site
I had a horse that was unridable from the age of 17. I kept him while he still had quality of life. Unfortunatley I had to have hime put down when he couldn't get up again this was over 2 years later.