"Fools breed horses for wisemen to buy"

1036Jones

Visit site
Is any one else outraged by show producer Lyn Russells comments "Fools breed horses for wisemen to buy"??!!
(Horse and Hound 28.1.10) What a terrible thing to say!! I wonder what the Queen thinks of these abrasive comments? I will never buy the Lyn Russell show products again!

Zebedee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Its a well known saying that Lynn Russell is merely repeating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only is it a well known saying, but as I breeder I totally agree with her !!

JS65

Visit site
If it was the other way round i could understand you anger, but i like to think i'm wise enough not to try and breed.

Biscuit

Visit site
This was posted in Breeding as well.

It does not seem particularly more foolish to breed one than to buy one, neither may be that good from a business/investment point of view, but is something we do because we enjoy it. In either case, whether you buy or breed, horses likely will take all your time and money. ;-)

Rollin

Visit site
I am in total agreement Janet.

Breeding Cleveland bays and Shagya Arabs is our retirement hobby. WE subsidise our little stud out of our life savings ..if we can help save rare breeds it is worthwhile.

No money in the world can buy the pleasure of seeing a foal get to its feet for the first time, or the mares joy in her foal or the owners pleasure watching that foal grow into a healthy young horse.

Fools understand that some things are 'priceless' time for the Wisemen to catch up?

1036Jones

Visit site
Sorry folks - I had never heard of the saying until now...... so will admit to my total ignorance!... Will agree with what LR is saying but I shall continue to be 'a fool' and enjoy my lovely foals!
blush.gif