Foot imbalance

jib1987

Visit site
Hi everyone, sent Milly for x rays last week as she's been intermittently lame for the past 4 months so finally persuaded my vet that it wasn't a bruised sole!! Anyway, it turns out that the reason for her lameness is that she has horribly imbalanced feet which has now been corrected with shoes built up slightly to the inside on both front feet. Does anybody else have experience with this? Also, my vet says that the farrier is not to blame as he couldn't have known but I'm not so sure if it's something that he should have spotted. What do you think? Thanks!!

ErinDoig

Visit site
Yep my mares got wonkified feet too and she suffered from intermittent lameness for ages.
I think we can only ask so much from farriers but if there is an obvious inbalance there he should of noticed it.
Hopefully now your vet can liase with your farrier to keep the feet balanced. Have tried natural balance shoes? Good luck

ChestnutMonty

Visit site
Hi I had exactly the same problem which then caused my horse to overstretch the deep digital flexor tendons in both forelegs, we spent 4 months with the vet trying to find a cause then he went for an MRI @ Animal Health Trust in Newmarket and was given 6 months box rest and since then touch wood he has been fine.
Really important to make sure you get on top of horses feet now before it gets as bad as my horse did! We also have natural balance shoes which helped him alot
smile.gif