Footwear for inhand showing

pony&cow

Visit site
I am going to a local show with my welsh C tommorow. I used to wear black trousers with black jodphur boots. Its all a bit last minute and ive only got black skinny fit trousers, they look fine tucked in long boots but a bit daft with short boots. Its only a low key jolly out for my old boy so im not overly concerned but equally dont want to stick out like a sore thumb. My question is do many of you see people showing (white socked pony) with black trousers tucked in dubarry (or similar style) boots?

catkin

Visit site
If you are running up a Welsh then you can wear discreet-looking trainers rather than jod boots. First priority of footwear in an in-hand class is to be able to move fast enough and well enough to show off your pony.
You are going to boil in this heat in long boots - it's not really 'done' apart from perhaps in exceptional bad weather

rowan666

Visit site
i do on occasion wear my toggi yard boots and always see lots of others wearing similar too but also i have seen (seems to be the new trend) a variety of colours in skinny jeans and jod boots. I usually i wear jod boots with straight leg trousers so im sure whatever you feel most comfortable in will be fine and regardless of which you choose to wear i will bet their will be lots of others wearing similar