Footwear when riding

StarFell

Visit site
Just a quick post to say please wear the appropriate footwear when riding! A friend and I were cantering on the beach last week and her horse spooked, causing her to lose her balance and come off. She hit her head and was unconscious for a few minutes, and she also really hurt her leg. Luckily her head was fine when it was checked out, but she has severe nerve damage in her lower leg and has to wear a splint and a pot for the forseeable future. The doctor told her that it was lucky she had proper riding boots on, because if her leg hadn't been so well supported she'd have broken it in three places
crazy.gif

kirstyl

Visit site
I couldn't agree more!
I am on a large livery yard where several girls choose to ride in trainers and without hats. Complete madness

chickeninabun

www.wix.com
Ouch!
frown.gif
That sounds terrible. Hope your friend is feeling better soon.
I must admit even in the height of summer I wear my Dubarrys or long leather riding boots at the stables and riding at all times. My friend wanders round in her crocs and canvas trainers
shocked.gif
crazy.gif
. She doesn't ride in them but I dread to think of the damage if a horse stood on her whilst leading/doing chores etc!
crazy.gif