For all those dogs we have lost....

It was two months yesterday since having to put to sleep our 3yo spaniel, it breaks my heart but i know it was the right thing to do for her.
She is very much in my heart all the time and i visit her everyday and top up the bird feeders next to her so she has company.
xx

Levrier

Sorry everyone - it made me cry too, but I also thought it was lovely.... I just don’t seem to be able to get over losing Islay, Hoover and Flick over the past 2 years, I wish more than anything that they could all be with me still even though I also know it was the right decision for them in every case 😢😢

fankino04

It was two months yesterday since having to put to sleep our 3yo spaniel, it breaks my heart but i know it was the right thing to do for her.
She is very much in my heart all the time and i visit her everyday and top up the bird feeders next to her so she has company.
xx
My girl is still on the windowsill as I can't find a good enough fake tree for her to go under, it has to be fake as I can't keep plants alive...

fankino04

Sorry everyone - it made me cry too, but I also thought it was lovely.... I just don’t seem to be able to get over losing Islay, Hoover and Flick over the past 2 years, I wish more than anything that they could all be with me still even though I also know it was the right decision for them in every case 😢😢
I'm really grateful that tay went so quick that I didn't have to make the decision, it was the most horrible phone call to have with my vets for my mare when she broke her femur but I know leaving any pet to suffer just so I don't have to say goodbye would leave me with even more regrets and heartache.

Shady

Lovely Lev but does indeed leave a lump in the throat and thoughts on those we've said goodbye to before any of us were ready to do so.
Losing 3 dogs in 2 years is terrible and i'm not sure you ever get over losing something or someone you love really. You just put the pain in a box and try not to open the lid .
I still find it difficult looking at photo's of Loki and cutting the grass around his grave up on the hill always brings a tear. Losing him when he was only 7 was a bitter blow but he went off with a sausage sandwich, at home whilst lying on a sofa in the sun.

I know you miss your dogs Lev but if there is one person who always puts their quality of life first before anything else, it is you. xxxxx

Thanks for that Levrier.

We lost Indie a couple of weeks ago so things are still raw. She was nearly 15 so an awesome age for a big breed, but saying goodbye wasn't easy.

She followed us on all our adventures including living in Sweden for 5 years, and was the sassiest, kindest, pure soul you could find.

She had a great last day with all the things she loved, and went to sleep at home stuffing her face with steak.

860867_10100645592117018_192081046_o.jpg 1910623_559158661398_297_n.jpg . 1928818_557655733278_835_n.jpg