For all those who have Sprengers !!

Eventrider92

Visit site
Which do you prefer bow balance or the 4 system ? Also , is there anywhere selling them at a discounted price ? Thank you :)

Stroppy Mare

Visit site
I prefer bow balance. I have hyper mobile ankles, and find too much time with my feet in the stirrups make my ankles and knees hurt. The wider tread really helps stabilise my feet, allowing my ankles to move with the movement of the horse preventing them from stiffening up. I also find I lose my stirrups less.

I prefer the 4 system to compete though as they're more discrete being all black. For that reason alone, my 4 systems are on my dressage saddle, and my bow balance on my gp. I'd swap them over if I were to show mind.

Silmarillion

Visit site
Bow balance. I have them and have ridden with the normal ones. I find the bow balance more stable, which stops my ankles rocking about which is what makes them ache, but equally they stop my ankles getting fixed in one position when walking (which I do a lot of) which also makes them ache! I really like mine but I'm glad I didn't pay today's prices for them!

Shay

Visit site
Another vote for Bow Balence - they are more stable to me. (No pun intended!) They are expensive but well worth it. You could try things like ebay and second hand tack sales but be sure the wrapping on the chain looks undamaged so there is no chance of the chain bit having rusted or been damaged.

Copperpot

Visit site
Yes more stable and if I do ever loose a stirrup they just seem to hang in exactly the right place so I can get it back quickly. It sort if falls back on my foot lol.

Mine are black on the metal part too. I think they were limited edition ones.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Funny how there's only one person on this thread saying how good MDCs are and they're selling them. Anyone reading this, I'd pay more attention to the people talking about the Sprengers, they're not salespeople...

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Funny how there's only one person on this thread saying how good MDCs are and they're selling them. Anyone reading this, I'd pay more attention to the people talking about the Sprengers, they're not salespeople...

Think they've been removed.... Why is it that companies think they can get away with sneaky blatant advertising posts.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Swear by my bow balances, though haven't tried the system 4 ones so can't compare.

I got mine when rideaway were doing one of their 20% off codes.

Scatterbrain

Visit site
I have both the Sprenger Bow Balance and the System 4 on two different saddles. I don't really feel there's much of a difference between the two. Great stirrups and well worth the hefty price tag.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I have system 4s I decided I couldn't afford to try the bowbalance if I didn't like them so for me the system 4s were a safer buy! I might have to come borrow yours for a ride though Simarillion!

AAR

Visit site
OH has 4 point as I didn't like the blue of the bow balance. I just have normal stirrups and have put sprengers on my xmas list as my knees were killing after hunting!