For all those with greys........

Sessle

Visit site
How do you get your horse/pony shiny bright white for shows?!

I always thinks I've managed then I spot some dirt!! Argh!

Any tips to brighter whiteness?!?!

smile.gif

Pasha

Visit site
No - my boy always manages to hide a stain or create a new one from somewhere!!! I am sick of washing already and it's only May..... roll on winter when I can rug him up to the eyeballs!!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
I always seem to get compliments about how white my horse is. I just give her a bath with 3 buckets of warm water and purple shampoo the day before. The next morning she usually has a few stable stains so I use stain remover spray. Seems to work
smile.gif

Chloe_GHE

Visit site
I wash Jack with bog standard washing up liquid, and then if any spots still look a little green when he's dried I brush in chalk powder
smile.gif
He is very bitey and grumpy to be faffed with so it's all over in about 30mins
smile.gif

connie1288

Visit site
Blue shampoo, warm water, chalk and cover any bits you can. Also as soon as a stain pops up during the week get rid of it then!!

Having said all this and having 1 white sparkly horse, the dapple grey has a permanent poo stain over one eye as she likes to use piles of poo as pillows.

Nando

Visit site
Ditto with mine - I reckon he does head stands in his poo as always has stains on top of his head but not on his neck!!

Bicarbonate of soda mixed in with the shampoo & warm water also helps get white bits white, esp tails.

Also found a fab organic lotion from barrier hygene which you massage in to stain, leave for a couple of mins and rinse off - brill for getting rid of those stains that seem to appear when you get them off the lorry
grin.gif

Doormouse

Visit site
For bad stable stains I always find if you put Vanish soap bar on the stain then wipe off with very hot water it seems to not leave a mark. Not sure how good it is for their skin but haven't had any reaction so far!

L00bey

Visit site
I used to use tescos cheapest shampoo with warm water and a body brush. bandage legs, spider man thing and rug, plait tail and cover with tights = sparkling pony
grin.gif

vik100

Visit site
I use baby shampoo as it is really soft on their skin and I don't worry so much if I don't manage to rinse it all off (I do try!) I wash him the day before a show including tail (he is all white) then just do the stains he's gained overnight in the morning with hot water and baby shampoo again. Think white is a ridiculous colour for a horse, so impractical, but they look stunning when they are clean!!!
smile.gif

wench

Visit site
soap flakes for body, neck and face, first wash of legs and mane and tail. Tescos value shampoo on legs mane and tail, then final rinse with equine blue