For anyone thinking of buying a WOW saddle

Marquire

Visit site
Here is a summary of my experience with my WOW saddle.

July 2005
Had a demo of WOW saddle on my youngster and we both loved the saddle so took the plunge and bought one Cost £1495 (Size 1 headplate)

September 2005
Bought new horse. He came from a hunting/hacking home and had never done any flatwork to speak off. Muscle wastage behind withers with scar evidence of a previously badly fitting saddle. I had the youngsters WOW saddle fitted for him- same head plate only air adjustment in planels. Cost £25.

December 2006
Saddle check. New boy has put on loads of muscle across his back and needs to go up a head plate (size 2) plus some air adjustment. Cost £25.

March 2006
Saddle check. More muscle put on across back and behind withers, air adjustment. Cost £25.

August 2006
Saddle check. Loads more muscle behind withers and across back, new headplate (size 3) and air adjustment. Cost £25.

So why is this saddle so fantastic?

1. I think that if I had gone for a traditional saddle I would be on saddle number 3 by now as he has changed shape dramatically in just under a year. After the initial outlay I have spent just £75 to have it adjusted to his changing shape. If I had had to buy 3 saddles and have them fitted I'm sure I would have spent a lot more.

2. I'm sure the fact he is in a WOW saddle has allowed his muscles to develop as well as they have due to the air panels

3. I sit so much better in the saddle than anything I have had previously because the saddle fitter can adjust the air in the saddle to balance you to your horse.

4. If I ever change horses again, I know my WOW can be adjusted to fit.

Marie

mrussell

Visit site
I second this!! Amazing saddles - really works for my boy.

If anyone lives in East Anglia and wants the name of my fitter - or a look/feel of mine - please feel free to PM.

katelarge

Visit site
Helloo!

Well, I have been cruising one for some time but really need to have a look at finances before making a decision. Thanks for posting this though, it does show how the saddle has adjusted with the horse and the re-fitting prices are very reasonable!

siennamiller

Visit site
I third this, awesome saddles. My boy goes so well in his
grin.gif

allijudd

Visit site
when you read this initaially we thought that you were going to be slating the saddle......

then you get to the end and think...wow......

ann-jen

Visit site
I've had a very similar experience to you - in the first 2 years I had mine my mare went from a size 0 plate into a size 3! I have recently had so change the panel however because she developed so much topline the gullet was too narrow on the old one. The saddler part exchanged my old panel so it cost me about £200. She is now in the size 2 plate with extra wide panel and going great! She is a completely different horse to before I got the WOW. Even taking into account the cost of the new panel I still reckon I am quids in compared to the cost of changing a conventional saddle possibly 3 or 4 times. Plus how much happier my mare goes in it makes it well worth the money anyway.
grin.gif

OliveOyl

Visit site
Phew!! I was dreading opening this, I ordered a wow saddle yesterday having had one on trial for 3 weeks now and my boy showing signs of already needing to move up to a size 2 headplate. Sooo relieved to read such a positive thread about them - thank you!

M_G

Visit site
You get the same with Saddle co saddles but at a fraction of the cost mine has been widened twice and it is about to be widened for the third time
x