For DIY only...

jack9

Visit site
what do you pay?

*this is not to do with my assignment as i passed (with distinction - :D ) so thanks again for all who helped me with filling in questionaires! *

Im buying ahorse next year, but from now until then i want to save up the cost of DIY for a year, so i dont have any worries while im in my final year at uni.

So, i was thinking around £25 a week for stable and grazing only?

What do you pay for stable and grazing only? (no hay/shavings )

abbieandfiona

Visit site
in the past ive paid £12 a week, £15 a week and now rent my own place and pay £50 a month so been very lucky.
Hay wise around £2.50 a small bale and shavings £6.70 a bale one yard i was on you had to buy it from them were not aloud to get it from anyone else shavings were cheap but rubbish had to use 4 bags a week.

Theresa_F

Visit site
I pay £30 a week for stable, storeage space and grazing and use of the indoor school. Hay was £2.50 but this year it is going to be £6 a bale as Essex is suffering from a bad hay crop, about half the yield from speaking to several farmers I know is the norm.

Shutterbug

Visit site
I pay £30 per week for stable, grazing, storage, use of the school and daily turnout in the winter - hes out 24/7 in the summer :)

wellsat

Visit site
£85 a month.

Nice stables, individual tackrooms, floodlit school with a good surface, jumping paddock, indoor lunging pen, free parking and great hacking.

24/7 TO in summer and in at night in winter.

smac

Visit site
I guess it depends where you are but in surrey (guildford area to Berkshire/Hampshire border where we are) £25-40 a week for stable and field. each yard is individual in terms of out through summer/shared t/o school standards etc.

We tend to avoid taking diys but have a couple of assisted and they pay £45 a week. Turn out and feed/rugs am, stable and grazing. use of both arenas, and all facilities but not the stick/ball field. Lorrys/trailers free

jack9

Visit site
brilliant thanks all so far :)

i was budgeting at putting away £25 a week just for stable, then pay for hay etc separately. :)

jack9

Visit site
nothing tbh. just would prefer a field - close to competitions and they ideally need to allow dogs.

id rather ride outside, so dont wnt an indoor, and id be happy with a good field (for riding and grazing..) :)

im quite easy going tbh lol! i was hopeful £25 would cover stable and some shavings/straw

Kellys Heroes

Visit site
We pay £15 p/w per horse.
That includes stable, turn out, barn storage for hay/straw etc, use of indoor and outdoor. We can get hay at £2.50 (usually but have none atm!) and straw for the same. Not sure about haylage, only its charged by the size of the horse being fed.
We also use the horse walker for £2.50 for half an hour, £15 p/w for trailer park and half hour lessons by the YO are £6 (inc use of jumping field - jumping field without a lesson is £3 for half an hour).
Hope this helps you see what you can get!! :)

Lotty

Visit site
I pay £25.00 a week for Stable, grazing, hay & straw, trailer parking, storage and use of the outdoor school.

Edited to say I'm between Northants & Oxford :)

jack9

Visit site
thanks all :)

i used to pay £45 a week including hay and straw(or 1 shavings) nice yard but i think its a tad steep tbh.

would be great if i could get £25 all in - i will have a good luck - i have 9 months so plenty of time :)

skint1

Visit site
Got 2 horses on DIY in different places with totally different set ups

£60 a month for stable with electric and running cold water and field with all year t/o and can restrict. Hacking not wonderful, no school, farm seen better days but I like it and the pony likes it

£120 a month for stable with electric, cold running water, field with all year t/o and can restrict. Wonderful hacking, school, nice and well maintained, haylage and straw included between Nov-May.

ilovecobs

Visit site
Id say budgeting £25 for just stable and field is a good estimate. I am on sort of DIY but it includes hay and hard feed, I pay £50 a week (we have good facilities). But the farm i was on was like just field and stable and that was £22 a week. I must add that the fields were death-traps and the ménage was tiny and the sand was sinky and awful for tendons. Depending where you keep the horse you might be able to pay for bedding with the £25 aswell :)

jack9

Visit site
Id say budgeting £25 for just stable and field is a good estimate. I am on sort of DIY but it includes hay and hard feed, I pay £50 a week (we have good facilities). But the farm i was on was like just field and stable and that was £22 a week. I must add that the fields were death-traps and the ménage was tiny and the sand was sinky and awful for tendons. Depending where you keep the horse you might be able to pay for bedding with the £25 aswell :)

yeah i hope £25 should be enough to cover beding and stable tbh - im just trying to be realistic and hopefully have more money in the bank than needed. Then just pay for a years livery in advance (well have it in advance sorry...).

i have paid from £18 a week through to £45..... £18 was a death trap yard and £45 was lovely but just too much.

sandr

Visit site
I pay £165 a month, included in that is hay, good sized stable, a field, and use of sand & rubber arena.

We are in east sussex

Brandy

Visit site
I pay £25 per week. For that I get a nice stable, and my own paddock of just over an acre.

Shared use of a tack room (4 people per tack toom) and feed room (again 4 people per feed room) and use of the outdoor school. Our yard is very nice, well maintained, fertlilized fields, also sprayed for weeds etc.

Hay and bedding are on site and they prefer us to buy from them.

£3 hay, £1.25 straw. £7 shavings etc etc

BentleyBelly

Visit site
I pay £25 a week for a private yard, just me and my friend. Price includes too much grazing for my fatty, stable, feed room, as much hay and straw as we need. No school but amazing hacking in the New Forest national park.

FAB_FERN

Visit site
Surrey DIY including adlib hay £290pcm

grass only is £255pcm

£255 a month JUST for grass???? That's day light robbery.

Our yard is £10 per week grass turnout and £17.50 with a stable. Hay, shavings are avaliable if you want them and the YO lives on-site and is the loveliest lady ever. No school but plenty of fields and jumps with fab hacking not far frm the forest.

Have use fo a school down the road so that just makes it perfect.

shell1978

Visit site
I pay £60 per month for big stable, my own paddock. No facilities, but we do have a field that we have marked out for schooling & to put jumps up in. I pay £20 for a large round bale of haylage/hay.

jack9

Visit site
ok thanks all :)

prices vary drastically around the country!!!

im staying in cheshire for the next 2/3 years then i plan to move possibly to shropshire or on the wirral.... not decided yet :D so nice to know about the rest of the country too in case i change my mind again - nothin gkeeping me here (except uni...) so wanting a change :)

Spit That Out

Visit site
ok thanks all :)

prices vary drastically around the country!!!

im staying in cheshire for the next 2/3 years then i plan to move possibly to shropshire or on the wirral.... not decided yet :D so nice to know about the rest of the country too in case i change my mind again - nothin gkeeping me here (except uni...) so wanting a change :)

Hi, I'm in South Cheshire and we have 3 stables available on the yard I'm on.

DIY £25 per week, Indoor & Outdoor School, Lunging paddock, Jumping Paddock, Horse Walker, 12x12 stables, In the summer 24/7 turnout, Winter all day turnout. Across the road is an 8 mile fun ride with x-country jumps (only £5 to go round) and a 3 mile gallops. 250 acres of off road riding. Hay and straw on site. Yard shows and this Friday a Yard BBQ.
Also provide services like bring in, turnout etc for an small extra charge and Part and Full livery available.
BHS approved with instructors on site.
PM me if you want more details :)

maddyb

Visit site
well when i was on d.i.y i was paying £25 per week with that i got stable fields and a sandschool, however i had to get my own hay and shavings, akthough the yard did sell them to you if you wanted