For everyone who replied to my "panicking when mounted" thread

gabriellexxxx

Visit site
Just thought i'd give you a little update on what's been going on!

Took him off to the saddlers last week, only to be told his saddle was a near perfect fit, but gave it a reflock to make sure it sat really level, and told he had some sore points below the withers and to not work him until the back lady came out.

So been lunging him for the last few days, so he doesn't go stir crazy, and tonight had the back lady out.
She confirmed all the tightness, and said he was very tight throughout his left side, suspecting either a previous ill fitting saddle or a fall at some point. She did a lot of work trying to relax and soothe all the area, and even found a really sore point that he didn't take kindly to
tongue.gif

So been told to give him another day or two off, then get a leg up on and a bit of gentle exercise for a few days, then give her a call again to see if any better, and whether she feels she needs to come back!

Lets keep fingers crossed and his little naughty streak is over
smile.gif

Joss

Visit site
Fingers crossed, its done the trick. Who came & treated him? If he is still a naughty boy you will have to send him up here!!
smile.gif
grin.gif

gabriellexxxx

Visit site
I really hope so too! My dad's also been looking after him for the last week, so hes had a bit of a manners crash course too!
tongue.gif

A lady called Mel came to treat him, one of the Chandler's liveries. Was very complementry and said he's gonig to make "one cracking eventer!"

I might send him your way, andrew likes the cheeky ones, right?!
laugh.gif