For the Love of Dogs

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I saw some pretty nasty stuff about AH taking over, but the idea is that Battersea remains high profile. I think they had popular dogs, a cute puppy, a chocolate lab, a nice cocker with a sob story, all of which helped, but tbh, she seemed fine, really keen on the dogs and everyone will just get used to her. Paul O Grady seemed fine too, but struck me as a bit useless with the dogs, possibly for comedy value.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I thought she did well, she had a tough job to follow I think. I’ve just read a newspaper article about how ratings fell which I think is really sad.
I hope she continues and people give her a chance. It’s one of those things that once people are used to her it will all be fine. It’s just different and it was Paul O’gradys programme wasn’t it. He did it so well. I like AH and really hope she does well at it.

Chiffy

Visit site
I had never seen Alison H as I don’t watch daytime tv. She had so much negative imput of being noisy and having a raucous laugh.
The first time I saw her was in Bake Off where again before the programme there was so much negativity of people saying they would no longer watch the programme. I watched and thought she was fine, very encouraging to the bakers and not over the top noisy.
SO , I was prepared to give Battersea a go! She did absolutely ok. Obviously she will never be Paul , who had his own unique style and won our hearts, but the programme was still perfectly watchable and enjoyable to see these poor dogs getting care and new homes.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Nope, she didn't do it for me I have to say and I doubt I will watch again, I couldn't even do more than 5 minutes this time. But then I have already formed my negative opinion on other presenting jobs she has had and her style just irritates and detracts from the actual point of whatever she is presenting IMO.

Moobli

Visit site
Same, I love the happy re-homing stories, it's why I can't stop watching Doghouse, even tho the receptionist is like a kids' TV presenter. :(
When I found out she was an actress rather than a real receptionist it put me off, and sadly I feel the programme has become more about the various issues of the prospective owners than the dogs themselves.

I haven’t seen For the Love of Dogs yet so will reserve judgement. Whoever came after POG was going to have a hard job though.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
When I found out she was an actress rather than a real receptionist it put me off, and sadly I feel the programme has become more about the various issues of the prospective owners than the dogs themselves.

I haven’t seen For the Love of Dogs yet so will reserve judgement. Whoever came after POG was going to have a hard job though.
You need to have undergone a tragedy or had someone with significant illness to get on there! Hopefully they re-home in between programmes to average non-tragic people!

I think the last one I saw recently was from 2021, they must have them stacked up.

ArklePig

Visit site
You need to have undergone a tragedy or had someone with significant illness to get on there! Hopefully they re-home in between programmes to average non-tragic people!

I think the last one I saw recently was from 2021, they must have them stacked up.

Yes Mr AP and I had a conversation recently about whether I was tragic enough to get on. We decided I'm not 😂

I do love it but the receptionist is a bit of a melt.