for the Suffolk Punch fans... (thanks Clippy)

TheFarrier

jamesthefarrier.co.uk
Hi all

Thought there were a few of you who would like to see how the old girl is getting on.
here are few pictures.

040.jpg

jamesphone309.jpg

093.jpg

jamesphone360.jpg

AGAGE

Visit site
What a lovely mare, such a beautiful colour chestnut! My non-horsey husband has just told me, 'that's a proper horse, why don't you have one like that.' I have a 15hh retired TB show pony!

I used to know two suffolk's a few years back, they were real characters, used to get up to all sorts. They used to pull a trap through the forest with tourists and one day they got over excited and bolted, all the tourist had to ditch!

Daisy2

Visit site
I could look at more pics, just lovely I am a huge fan of heavy horses. How old is she and how long have you had her, oh and how did you come to own her, I love stories of how people became owners of unusal horses.:)

TheFarrier

jamesthefarrier.co.uk
I could look at more pics, just lovely I am a huge fan of heavy horses. How old is she and how long have you had her, oh and how did you come to own her, I love stories of how people became owners of unusal horses.:)

She is going to be 20 early next year! We will have had her a year by the time she is 20.

I came to own her thanks to Clipcloppop who saw an advert for her and posted it on here, my wife and i thought she sounded absolutely perfect so we rushed up to Wales and bought her on the spot. She came home two weeks later :D

The people that sold her too use were emigrating to Canada and couldnt take her with because of her age, so she has a retirement home with us for the rest of her life.

Abbeygale

Visit site
Fab! She's looking lovely, and you look like your enjoying yourself!! How are you getting on with the western saddle? My friend got one only a few weeks ago, and is completely converted now - said she feels a million times more secure in her western saddle

:)

TheFarrier

jamesthefarrier.co.uk
I dont know if showing is my thing but i know she has done some in the past :D

I love the western saddle, it is so comfortable and like your friend found so secure. I do feel safer in it than in an english. Also the biggest bonus for me? No rising trot :)

DuckToller

Visit site
She's gorgeous - what a lucky girl to find you.

Do you know how she got the marks on her nose? My cob has got them and I assumed he had had a headcollar that was too tight left on him as a youngster. Yours has got them in exactly the same spot though. Coincidence or same problem?

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
What a lovely mare :) I visited the Suffolk Punch Trust this summer and really fell in love with the breed. It was wonderful to see a lot of them grazing happily in the sunshine.

nona1

Visit site
She looks lovely and terrific for her age.

I'm lucky enough to go and play with some Suffolks every summer at a place I volunteer with. We do jump on for the odd ride back to the fields, which is fun, but you walk like John Wayne for the next couple of days!