For those that feed Forage Plus Winter Balancer

autumn7

Visit site
.....what else do you feed with it in terms of forage and additional supplements please?
A little concerned my hard working maxi cob is lacking B vits on this balancer. I feed with three level scoops alfalfa (molasses free), 160g micronised linseed, Equine Answers premierFlex HA and add-lib hay.
Could she be?

rubyred

Visit site
If in hard work I would feed the performance balancer. I feed 2 on the hoof health with unmolassed beet, linseed and readigrass. They are in moderate work.
Last year when I had one in full work he was on the performance balancer, vitamin e (as advised by forage plus), linseed, fast fibre and readigrass. I switched to unmolassed beet this year as its more economical with two.

Burnttoast

Visit site
Mine is on the hoof health balancer with 100g fast fibre and a handful Thunderbrook chaff as a carrier, plus linseed (100g), yeasacc and Thunderbrook's Herbs that Horses Seek (he has no access to browse and loves the herbs but they cost a bomb :( ). He is currently loafing around the field owing to injury (mine not his!), otherwise he'd be in light work.

Silmarillion

Visit site
I'd recommend contacting Sarah at ForagePlus, she's very helpful and very knowledgeable! She'll be able to let you know which would be the best one for your horse :)

catkin

Visit site
I'd recommend contacting Sarah at ForagePlus, she's very helpful and very knowledgeable! She'll be able to let you know which would be the best one for your horse :)

this.

PS I feed forageplus with linseed as suggested by the company, and a dash of salt in a small handful of soaked grassnuts. Apart from ad-lib forage and restricted grass turnout that's all that passes their lips!

Janovich

Visit site

Echo the above.

My boy's EMS and after a chat with Sarah she came up with a bespoke feedplan and he's on Fast Fibre as a carrier, together with his nominated measures of micronized linseed, magnesium oxide and his winter FP balancer.

He's on soaked hay when he's indoors and out at grass with a small herd on unfertilized pasture,..old type meadow grasses etc,.

autumn7

Visit site
Thank you to all those who responded. It's interesting to hear how others manage this balancer. After more research I've come to the conclusion that it's Mg she's in need of, rather than B vits. She's sharp and spooky to ride, in a dangerous way at times. Becomes 'wired' over trivial things, usually feint noises that she homes in on from miles away, barely audible to me. She becomes more and more uptight, worried and joggy, increasingly unsafe if any vehicle other than a car comes along as nothing will bring her focus back on me until we're virtually back on home territory. Sharpness hacking is par for the course in winter months when she's fit. Stressy behaviour to this extent however, is not. Since FP is new to her (been feeding approx 4 wks) and the first time in 8 yrs since I've only fed minerals as opposed to a general balancer I was trying to pinpoint what was missing. I've now added a dash of Mg to feeds and she's becoming more level headed again. Still room for improvement but only been on Mg for a week so will cont. and see how it goes.