For those who go jogging..

jon1210

Visit site
Post your running distances and times please :) I havent been jogging for long and just want to see how hopeless I am :p :eek:

xBumblebeex

Visit site
I am quite a slow plod, at 10 minute miles. Can keep it up for 13.2 miles at the moment. I need to increase by 13 miles, within 12 weeks. I find running really difficult, but think its all about PMA and hoping for no injuries.

ClassicG&T

Visit site
I jogged a lot last year and did about 1.5 mile in 10-15 mins? I prefer walking at a fast pace though, but I've started running again so currently doing about 1 mile in 10-13 mins ish? I go very slow though :p

muffinmunsh

Visit site
I do 30 mins slow plod ... About 2.5 miles
Or 5 intervals of 3 minutes slow and 1 fast
Trying to keep at a pace I can still chat to my friend :)

wildflower

Visit site
Love running..do 5 k , 10k and half marathons,, usually 5 k takes 25 mins, 10k about 55 mins and a half marathon about 1.45- 2 hrs depending on if there are lots of hills:rolleyes:...

americanqh

Visit site
I can do a mile in about roughly 8 minutes. Like someone said above, depending on the steepness of a hill or if there are any downhill slopes. Although only just getting back into it after injury so hoping to be ready for a half marathon this summer so hoping to get fitter and a bit faster again.

Although can take me a little bit longer cross country running.

I take my running seriously and have always loved running. But I'm just good at injuring myself. :mad: :cool:

americanqh

Visit site
Keep going, it gets easier! :D Just make sure you stretch afterwards, I never feel pain the day after If I stretch for a while. A friend of mine said to me a few weeks ago that she always hurts the day after and it turns out that she never stretched!

Custard Cream

Visit site
I'm a hefty lass and have just started running again after losing a bit of weight. Did my 6th run yesterday and I'm doing 10.40 ish miles. only doing 1-2 miles at the moment. I found last time that pushing myself too early on I got disheartened and stopping altogether.

jon1210

Visit site
is everyone still running? so running stopped for me for 3 months :p but thursday i did 2 miles and then friday i did 3miles so this time im sticking with it :)

Last edited:

zaminda

Visit site
Just finished my first half marathon, it took me 2hrs and 4mins. Sadly I nowhave huge blisters on my feet, but then as I usually run barefoot that might be the problem!

thatsmygirl

Visit site
I love running but my knees don't. If I jog now my knees won't let me walk the following day. Don't know how far I use to go and never timed myself just use to do " the block"

Bluepegasus2802

Visit site
I have been running for over 4 years, I love it. I go out 3 times a week, usually 4-7 miles each time and an average pace of 9:20 (which does include running up steep hills). My latest 10k race I did in 57:25.

Bedlam

Visit site
I'm 3 weeks into a c25k program (couch to 5k) and can't say I actively enjoy it until it's over lol! On day one I never thought I'd be able to breathe again after 7 sets of walk 1 min run 1 min, but I'm amazed to say I'm now up to 3 sets of run 1 min walk 1min run 3 mins walk 2.30 mins. Next week goes up to 5 min runs which sounds impossible, but from experience now I expect it will be possible. If I can do it - I promise anyone can. Will be running 5k by end of 10 weeks!

Shadster

Visit site
The weather recently has put me off. Jon if you fe you're legs starting to stiffen mid way through a run, stop and stretch. Calf, quad and hamstring for 30 seconds on each leg on each muscle and then carry on.

I started doing this and can now walk easily the next day :) I know what you mean about muscle pain meaning you find excuses not to go again. Also run every other day, not every day for a month until your fitness levels are higher. Good luck and keep at it. It does get easier and sometimes even enjoyable!

jon1210

Visit site
Hows this looking:
Day 1 2miles 26min run
Day 2 2.4miles 33min run
Day 5 2.4miles 26min run + 2miles 2min run
Day 6 4miles on bike 11min + 2miles 19min run
Day 7 2.5miles 25min run
Day 9 3.7miles 42min run (i got lost )
Day 12 4miles 31min on treadmill

so hows it looking :p be nice with the criticism

jumpthemoon

Visit site
I love running, was running 3 - 4 miles in just over 8 minute mile before I got injured. Have got more physio and massage to go through and am just about to start some exercises to work towards starting up again. Missing it as haven't been for about 2 months :(

elsielouise

Visit site
I run with my dogs. Go every morning either two mile up hill route which takes about twenty mins or A flatter three mile round trip which takes about half an hour though usually stop to check my horses on way round and for male dog to pee over every second bush!

Last race for life 5k was 29 minutes in pouring rain over really hilly course so was quite proud of that.

pottamus

Visit site
Depends on the terrain and hills. I guess about 9.5 minute miles on shorter distances and I did a half marathon at the weekend and got a personal best time of 2 hours 10 mins - so longer distances are about 10 minute miles.
Running our way is hard as it is really hilly so I just have to grind up then and look forward to the flat at the top!
Love running...best thing I ever introduced - I cycle now too and am hoping to do a duathalon later in the season.