for those who like to shop - all rounder cob that wont break the bank??

lexibell

Visit site
help me spend my OH's money please :D:D:D

am looking for a 14.2-15.2 middleweight cob.
age, colours,markings not important, blemishes etc not important, but must be safe enough for the kids to hack in company.

budget is small...very small :rolleyes::rolleyes:

does this horse exist anywhere in the UK (pref midlands or SE) for under 4k?? if he/she does please help me find them :confused:

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
1st of all. im devon

2nd i have the perfect cob.

3rd id started to advertise at 5k with all tack and rugs (that total over 1k if buying new) but will now drop

my marraige ended to day so im goign to have sell cobby and free up some cash.

this is how safe he is
KB-1.jpg

but is also good enough to play with the big boys
cobby3-1.jpg

lexibell

Visit site
JH He is beautiful, unfortunately my budget is no where near 5k :(

owing to a large vets bill and having to buy a new car unplanned, budget isnt even half your boys worth

....shame, he looks just the sort :rolleyes:

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
i was thinking of selling anyway as hes just to quiet for me,

can i tempt u some more.

he lives alone or with company, safe as anything in open spaces

confidence giver for jumper but will also jump 3 foot spreads leaving space.

excellent with traffic.. LOL oh and passed a 5 stage when i bought him

hang on will give u a bad point.. he needs sedating to clip.

ebay oh?

lexibell

Visit site
consider him already on a 7 day listing :) and the damn car which stole my pony budget, and the dog if it keeps stealing my biscuits!!

he does sound fab, I really dont think you'll have trouble finding a buyer, in the meantime, if my lottery numbers come in I will PM you :) x

in all seriousness, I have searched far and wide, high and low and have found nothing. Ive even resorted to pony squishing just because Im getting horse withdrawal :( am not sure where to look next? :confused:

natalia

Visit site
I've got one! 15.1hh black traditional type. Very sweet, 5yrs old, green but harmless. Would hog out and show but currently hairy. And in your budget! Pm me if you want.

lexibell

Visit site
Have PM'd you natalia.

Prices dont seem to be making much sense at the moment - I thought this was meant to be a buyers market?? :confused::confused:

All I want is a fun hack, bit of showing type cob, who is safe enough for the kids to be around. I set out searching thinking I would be spoilt for choice but I cant seem to find anything :(

City Mare

Visit site
Someone posted on here last week about problems selling their cob type. Annoyingly I can't remember much about the ad (sorry) - there was some cc on their ads - and I am sure they were based Essex way or East Anglia/South East.

From what I can remember he was 5 and black, possibly called Milo? Sorry can't be more specific but if you scroll through you might be able to find the add - am sure the title was a generic question about a dealer, as the seller was possibly going to sell to a dealer as didn't have much luck selling privately. I've tried to search for you, but no luck.

Not that much help sorry, but a possible lead - he looked gorgeous.

1973horse

Visit site
1st of all. im devon

3rd id started to advertise at 5k with all tack and rugs (that total over 1k if buying new) but will now drop

this is how safe he is
KB-1.jpg

cobby3-1.jpg
i want i want i want i would snap him up now if i had the cash and was a bit nearer

lexibell

Visit site
thanks City Mare - he sounds perfect, but think he is going to be too small, I tried 3 horses at the weekend and OH and I have agreed that I really cant go lower than 14.2 and it needs to be a 14.2 with a good bit of bone at that

cant anyone find me a 15hh Milo please?? am getting horse withdrawal from not having ridden properly in weeks :(

Last edited:

TheEquineOak

Visit site
Hello!

If JH wants 5k including tack and your budget is 4k then surely there is some room for negotiation?? Tack alone would cost anywhere between £600 - £1,947,284... (ok that's an exaguration but you have to buy something that fits)

JH - I'm really sorry to hear you've split with your partner :( I read about your situation over the past year and I just wanted to wish you all the best

lexibell

Visit site
my budget isnt 4K, wish it was - I wouldnt be struggling to find anything if it was, my budget is actually 2K and there is very little around at that price.

in my original post the 4K was an observation that nothing seems to be under that price tag.

Just to say I dont expect ready made for that price, I just want a sane cob. am happy to bring on and school etc, but have just sold a TBX who was a bolter. I really need something thats going to to do anything silly to help build my confidence back up.

so a 14.2-15.2 cob which doesnt buck or bolt for under 2K - is that impossible???

Lynnskatz

Visit site
My friend has just sold a gorgeous 14.2hh rising 4 year old cob mare, absolute gem, and sold her for £1200 with tack and rugs :eek:
So you just have to look around and be patient :)

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
Hello!

If JH wants 5k including tack and your budget is 4k then surely there is some room for negotiation?? Tack alone would cost anywhere between £600 - £1,947,284... (ok that's an exaguration but you have to buy something that fits)

JH - I'm really sorry to hear you've split with your partner :( I read about your situation over the past year and I just wanted to wish you all the best

lol his tack and rug collection is nuts nd to buy new including the saddle would total up to well over 1500

thank you for the good wishes, it is appreciated.

potty_4_piebalds

Visit site
1st of all. im devon

this is how safe he is
KB-1.jpg

cobby3-1.jpg

"I am looking at a picture, I could not have painted it better myself!" Stunning absolutley stunning