For those who tow on a B licence, what car do you have?

Blythwind

Visit site
I currently tow my Ifor 401 (single horse trailer) on a B licence with my husbands Vauxhall Vectra 1.9CDTi.

However, its now getting quite old/high mileage and we are thinking of getting a new car. I'm happy to get another Vauxhall Vectra, but just wondered what other people use? It is his everyday and wants something quick/comfortable and I want something that can still tow and be within the B licence limit of 3500kg.

I am aware that I can do my towing test and get any 4x4 etc, but I am happy with a simple, economical family car and the set up I already have.

Thanks in advance
x

clip_clop

Visit site
SKODA OCTAVIA 4X4 WAS 2014 TOW CAR OF THE YEAR
http://carleasingmadesimple.com/business-car-leasing/skoda/octavia/towing-weight-limit/

It has a GVW around 2000kg so with a 401 or 403 plated at around 1500 it leaves about 700 for the trailer load/horse

It also makes for a relatively economical commute/family car

Just following these posts with interest, would I be able to tow a ifor Williams single trailer with 05 Kia sorento, horse weighs 500kg but I only have B entitlement on my driving licence. Been trying to find out but the weights etc have had me confused! Thank you

ROG

Visit site

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
I have a Ford C-Max 2ltr TDCi, it's a biggish car (MPV/estate type car) but that baby has a lot of torque and towing power to it! LOL, it handled the towing practice ROG made me do on Sunday, lol and it takes me to work every day. It's not 4x4 so can't tow across muddy fields but to be honest, most of the shows I go to, have hard standing or some other firm surface. I have a B license (just got it in October) but I will be legal to tow with it once I get it downplated to 1500kgs but until then, I can still tow it with someone who has a pre 1997 licence in it with me and l plates.

holeymoley

Visit site
Ford Focus Estate 2.0dci :) 1500kg towing max. I had to get my single Ifor downplated though as unladen car is 2050kg.

Friend has a Peugeot estate and it has 1600kg towing max, she's not a B licence though .

Girlracer

Visit site
So I have recently bought a Ford Mondeo Estate, it's 2002 2.0l diesel, can I tow a 401 (or similar) down plated legally on my B licence? If so, this is an exciting revelation.....