For those who's dogs sleep on the bed...

mollichop

Visit site
... look familiar? :D

IMG_7316.png

I am no stranger to a paw in the chops :mad:

HeatherAnn

Visit site
Just burst out laughing.
I'm currently dog sitting and dog insists on sleeping in bed. I was wondering if anyone else gets the irritated sigh when they try and get comfy and nudge sleepy pooch..?

lexiedhb

Visit site
So true. Its when you wake up in the middle of the night in winter to find your dog staring at you 3cm away from your face with the "can youz liftz up de duvets blankie so i canz get in I is coldz" face on that disconcerts me!

RuthM

Visit site
My 14 yr old terrier always used to sleep in his own bed in my room till he lost his lifelong canine partner, he then moved, politely, to my bed. Initially he'd only jump up after I was asleep but as he's realised I've gone a little soft he comes up from the start at bedtime. I don't think he'd ever dream of being a pain, even if he's in the way of my feet if I move he goes back to his own bed so generally opts for an unused bit from the start.

Rules are meant to be broken...:eek:

BigRed

Visit site
My dogs would love to sleep on the bed - but they make it very dirty, very fast and they also make it smell. So they are allowed in for a cuddle in the morning - at the weekends.

I have a friend who shares his bed with a wife and two collies. I really don't see how there is room for them all. Because they are all big people.

Cahill

Visit site
i am considering buying a single bed to place next to my double bed(making a triple lol )
has any1 done this?

maryk91

Visit site
I thought I could train dogs until I got my GSP. She's completely retrained me. The two Golden Retrievers still sleep downstairs, but the GSP sleeps on the bed, puts her nose/feet in my ear, and moans like billyo when the alarm goes off.

PolarSkye

Visit site
... look familiar? :D

IMG_7316.png

I am no stranger to a paw in the chops :mad:

Yup! Both of ours are masters of the "stretch and spread" move . . . I have no problem moving a dog over but my soft eldest daughter will teeter on the edge of the mattress rather than disturb Fred when he sleeps with her.

P

PolarSkye

Visit site
So true. Its when you wake up in the middle of the night in winter to find your dog staring at you 3cm away from your face with the "can youz liftz up de duvets blankie so i canz get in I is coldz" face on that disconcerts me!

This made me both laugh out loud and not in recognition!

P

PolarSkye

Visit site
Just burst out laughing.
I'm currently dog sitting and dog insists on sleeping in bed. I was wondering if anyone else gets the irritated sigh when they try and get comfy and nudge sleepy pooch..?

Fred doesn't just sigh he actually harrumphs . . . gives a loooong, looouuud, groooooaaaaan at the human who dared disturb his beauty sleep.

P

HeatherAnn

Visit site
Fred doesn't just sigh he actually harrumphs . . . gives a loooong, looouuud, groooooaaaaan at the human who dared disturb his beauty sleep.

P

I woke up to VERY muffled growling last night. I had thrown the duvet over the dog and then got mostly on top of her :eek: poor dog must have thought she was going to die :p

Hedwards

Visit site
This thread has really made me giggle!!

Millie isnt really a problem for this, mainly as she's so small, but on the odd occasion Suzy gets on the bed, I'm regularly woken up by her tail wagging in my face!

Millie, however does have on trick, she will sleep under the duvet completely sometimes, like a squashed frog (back legs out behind her) or on her side with her back legs straight out behind... if in either of these positions, she gets herself close enough to me to dig the claws on her back legs into me, i dont mean just touching me, actually digging into me. I have regularly woken up with a sharp pain in the thigh or side, and realised she is trying to stab me to death with her little blunt claws - not good, especially when she has a dream!!

Dry Rot

Visit site
Guilty as charged. I've kept a lot of dogs (all workers) over the last 40 years and none have ever been allowed in the house. Now I've been seduced!:eek:

foxy-1.jpg

horsemadelsie

Visit site
My JRt can take up most of my bed! She wakes me up by crying quietly, hops up on the bed, nudges at me to lift the quilt up for her, and then settles down with a huge, exhausted sigh! I usually wake up with her cold nose pressed against my tummy, not pleasant! :p
Although she doesn't come up on the bed that often now, since I rolled over on top of her while camping, and she got stuck in my sleeping bag- I woke up to a muffled yelping and growling noise coming from underneath me! :eek:

HeatherAnn

Visit site
Thought that I might as well put some piccies up while I have a computer :D

This is my Aunty's whippet X, Lucy:

MASSIVE bed hog!

lucy.jpg

Oh! You're awake. :)

lucyface.jpg

This is my boy Scout, if you can find him :p

scouthiding.jpg

This is strictly X rated!

scoutbed.jpg

:p

Nickijem

Visit site
My girls have even know what the alarm means........quick dive under the duvet! They are the laziest spaniels in the morning - they have to be prised off the bed!

kirstys 1

Visit site

P

If I turn over in the night and pull the covers off Feds, he growls, then wriggles back under grumbling under his breath!

MrVelvet

Visit site
I love these!! Lola is no longer allowed in the bed but when the OH was away recently I did let her :) she really is quite accomodating and snuggley though!! I just had to change the bedding and vax it all to hide the white hairy evidence...... I think we got away with it tho!! Back in the day when she was allowed up she'd start the night out on her bed and then stick her nose under the duvet and demand to be let in the warmth! She has fleecey pjs now instead !

UnaB

Visit site
Im pretty lucky, Maya is a very considerate bed-dog, she snuggles down next to me, head on the pillow, and doesnt move all night!!

In contrast, Evie chi wakes me up several times a night growling in her sleep if i so much as move a finger while im sleeping!!!! She even bit Maya once (in her sleep!!!) when Maya had a twitchy-dream. She often gets put in HER bed on the floor during the night lol!

paisley

Visit site

So familiar that I don't even really wake up.I now lift up the top duvet as a reflex action- its doing wonders for my arm muscles!