for those with a large..........................

hollyandivy123

Visit site
so its about hats, if you have a large head is there any hat, that actually doesn't look like you have upturned a hanging basket on your head?

also can some one point me in the direction of which is the latest safety number i now need for BD etc, not competed for a while

SamBean

Visit site
My husband has just bought a Charles Owen hat which looks ok on him and says it is really comfy. May be 61 or 62? Crazy thing is it is sold as a child's hat!

hollyandivy123

Visit site
PAS 015 and this seems to have made hats even bigger. Just avoid mirrors or photos.

but when you have a very large mirror in the school, the whole width of the school...................it is very difficult, all you see is a mushroom head getting bigger and bigger as you trot towards it......................... i know safety first but, did the mirror have to be that big and that distorted as well!

HeyMich

Visit site
I've got a fairly large noggin - 59/60 ish. I have a really comfy Gatehouse hat, but it took a while to find! I'd suggest going to a local tack shop (even better if they are qualified hat fitters) and trying on a load of different styles until you are happy.

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
My head is 59 and the gatehouse RXC isn't too awful! I have a Charles Owen child's hat in that size that I got when I first got back into riding. Seriously awful huge mushroom head. Massive! Yuk.

McFluff

Visit site
Big head = big brain, so not all bad news :)

I've found that the Charles Owen Ayr8 is reasonably flattering - maybe because I have an oval head, and it is one of the few you can get to suit that shape?

Widgeon

Visit site
PAS 015 and this seems to have made hats even bigger. Just avoid mirrors or photos.

Totally agree, the PAS015 hat I bought a year or so ago is absolutely enormous. So enormous in fact that I don't use it in day to day riding, I save it for when I'm on holiday and need a correctly labelled hat for whatever local riding school or hacking place I'm using. And I'm only a 57cm. *SOBS*.

Gazen

Visit site
I have a tiny head. 53cm. All hats look huge on me. I have a 'modern' low profile Gatehouse which still looks big but nowhere like having a helmet that looks like one an astronaut would be proud to wear

ls0311

Visit site
I also have a Gatehouse. Went round nearly every hat stand at Hickstead last year having different hats fitted (or just being told my head wasn't right shape for the hat...), eventually that felt best. I still feel ridiculous but not as ridiculous as in the others I tried!!

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
I tried hats on at badminton this weekend. It was not an enjoyable experience. Apparently Charles Owen in a round shape don’t go big enough (60cm)? Uvex were very comfy but I just couldn’t like it and slightly concerned that gatehouse RXC appears to be discontinued. I think I might explore champion hats, if they’re good enough for Piggy.... 😁