Foreign Dogs

Dobiegirl

Visit site
https://help.eurotunnel.com/hc/en-g...xoWeEMlh8qE6sYbQF-Y8BD32PgqTRWvr0GCIrMGZVuAz0

Rescues are up in arms and there is already a petition trying to get this overturned but all those scamming rescues have brought this on themselves, its the genuine ones I feel sorry for but for the others I hope they go bankrupt. Already one well known scammer has said one way round it would be to get vehicles on the Calais side to take 5 at a time from transport already carrying 20dogs. This is big business for them and they will do their worst to get around it, its the dogs I feel sorry for.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
There is no reason I can see why one sane person would want to carry more than five dogs. It's hard with two. Travelling by road and sea is stressful for well adjusted dogs, never mind already fearful feral dogs in multiple numbers, I imagine these poor animals get very little chance to get out and clean themselves. No wonder they are nervous wrecks when they arrive.

P3LH

Visit site
I was always quite neutral about the whole imported rescue dog sitch until recently when a friend adopted a hound type from overseas who came not only with various ailments and illness they hadn’t been warned about, but also dropped ten charming but mismatched puppies after being with them only three weeks. The rescue have taken no responsibility for this and relatively novice owners are attempting to rear a huge litter and try and find suitable homes.

Last edited:

druid

Visit site
There is no reason I can see why one sane person would want to carry more than five dogs. It's hard with two. Travelling by road and sea is stressful for well adjusted dogs, never mind already fearful feral dogs in multiple numbers, I imagine these poor animals get very little chance to get out and clean themselves. No wonder they are nervous wrecks when they arrive.

We regularly travel with 6 - two of us competing three dogs. However, we've only used the Eurotunnel once and my understanding is that dogs travelling for sports/competition or show will still be allowed up to 10 in one vehicle.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
We regularly travel with 6 - two of us competing three dogs. However, we've only used the Eurotunnel once and my understanding is that dogs travelling for sports/competition or show will still be allowed up to 10 in one vehicle.

That's manageable, but there's only one of me lol, that's why I said 'one'. Tolls are hard ?
Some of the vans I've seen on ferries have one driver, who never comes down for the toilet breaks.